GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » CBM » CBMROOT » General » Naming Convention for Data Branches
Naming Convention for Data Branches [message #9928] Fri, 18 December 2009 17:44 Go to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi

As decided in the software meeting on last thursday we unified the names for the data branches which are registered in the framework.
Up to now we had all kinds of styles. For example TRDDigi vs. TrdDigi and so on.

The new convention is that the names of the branches follow the names of the data classes without the Starting Cbm. For example if the data class name is CbmTrdDigi the name of the corresponding branch has to be TrdDigi.

I changed all CbmRoot according to the new convention. Everything compiles afterwards and also the tests show no problems. Nevertheless it would be nice if you could check the code you feel responsible for another time. Also you have to adapt code which is not in SVN according to the code changes. Otherwise you may not be able to run your code with the new version of the repository.

If there are any problems or remarks please post it to the forum.

Ciao

Florian

P.S: Merry christmas and a happy new year
Re: Naming Convention for Data Branches [message #9929 is a reply to message #9928] Sat, 19 December 2009 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arun Prakash is currently offline  Arun Prakash
occasional visitor
Hi Florian,
I am trying to install cbmroot in my account aprakash. I have downloaded the latest cbmroot via svn
I am getting the following error
aprakash@lxi018:~/build$ make
[ 0%] Generating FairDict.cxx, FairDict.h
/bin/sh: /misc/cbmsoft/Etch64/jul09/fairsoft/tools/root/bin/rootcint: cannot execute binary file
make[2]: *** [base/FairDict.cxx] Error 126
make[1]: *** [base/CMakeFiles/Base.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Arun Prakash
Re: Naming Convention for Data Branches [message #9930 is a reply to message #9929] Sat, 19 December 2009 13:33 Go to previous message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Arun

Please create the next time a new topic, otherwise we will have every problem in only one topic.

But now to your problem. Probably you are on a 32bit machine and you can't execute the 64bit executable. Either use a 64bit machine or change the SIMPATH.

Ciao

Florian
Previous Topic: CBMROOT release DEC09
Next Topic: External packages Jan10 is now available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:25:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00756 seconds