GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » Follow-up PandaRoot meeting: Wednesday 2nd of December, 10-12
Follow-up PandaRoot meeting: Wednesday 2nd of December, 10-12 [message #9824] Tue, 01 December 2009 15:12 Go to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
Messages: 693
Registered: April 2007
Location: University of Groningen
first-grade participant

From: *KVI.nl
Dear all,

Tomorrow we will have a follow-up PandaRoot EVO meeting from 10-12 (the latest). During the last meeting we were discussing to refresh the macros and tutorials of the pandaroot /trunk branch with the aim to come with a "one-in-all macro". Meanwhile, quite some progress has been made in this direction, which we can discuss tomorrow. Furthermore, we will continue the discussion on the stability of the code.

I hope you can all make it tomorrow....

Greetings,

Johan.
coordinates... [message #9827 is a reply to message #9824] Tue, 01 December 2009 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
Messages: 693
Registered: April 2007
Location: University of Groningen
first-grade participant

From: *xs4all.nl

Title: pandaroot
Description: pandaroot
Community: Panda

Meeting Access Information:
- Meeting URL
http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/koala.jnlp?meeting=M9MIMi2e2tD9DB9a99DD99

- Phone Bridge
ID: 1436787

Central European Time (+0100)
Start 2009-12-02 09:30
End 2009-12-02 12:30

Japan Standard Time (+0900)
Start 2009-12-02 17:30
End 2009-12-02 20:30

Eastern Standard Time (-0500)
Start 2009-12-02 03:30
End 2009-12-02 06:30

Pacific Standard Time (-0800)
Start 2009-12-02 00:30
End 2009-12-02 03:30


EVO Phone Bridge Telephone Numbers:
---------------
- USA (Caltech, Pasadena, CA)
+1 626 395 2112

- Switzerland (CERN, Geneva)
+41 22 76 71400

- Slovakia (UPJS, Kosice)
+421 55 234 2420

- Italy (INFN, several cities)
http://server10.infn.it/video/index.php?page=telephone_numbers
Enter '4000' to access the EVO bridge

- Germany (DESY, Hamburg)
+49 40 8998 1340

- USA (BNL, Upton, NY)
+1 631 344 6100

- United Kingdom (University of Manchester)
+44 161 306 6802

- Australia (ARCS)
+61
Adelaide 08 8463 1011
Brisbane 07 3139 0705
Canberra 02 6112 8742
Hobart 03 623 70281
Melbourne 03 8685 8362
Perth 08 6461 6718
Sydney 02 8212 4591

- Netherlands (Nikhef, Amsterdam)
+31 20 7165293
Dial '2' at the prompt

- Canada (TRIUMF, Vancouver)
+1 604 222 7700

- Czech Republic (CESNET, Prague)
+420 95 007 2386

---------------
Action points towards next release.... [message #9872 is a reply to message #9824] Sat, 05 December 2009 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
Messages: 693
Registered: April 2007
Location: University of Groningen
first-grade participant

From: *xs4all.nl
Dear all,

Let me briefly summarize the decisions we made in the past two EVO meetings to reach to a next production release.


  • Macros and all that...
    1. remove obsolete macros.... done (all).
    2. update example macros.... done (all).
    3. all-in-one macros with complete setup, digitization, reconstruction.... done (Mohammad).
    4. update tutorial macros.... done (Klaus).
    5. compiled version of corresponding macros.... available, not tested (Bertram, Elwin).
    6. Request for complete macros with ideal track finding algorithms. Most detectors have these and will provide example macros for their system.... to be done.
    7. For complete macros, a switch will be incorporated to enable EvtGen, DPM, and box generators.... done (Mohammad).
    8. Example all-in-one macros based on fastsim.... done (Mohammad, Klaus).
    9. Get all QA macros working.... in progress (all).
  • Code stability
    1. Resolve conflict magnet coils and MDT.... still to be done (Mohammad, Tobias).
    2. GEANE crashing.... still to be done (Alberto, Lia, et al.)
  • Transport code tuning
    1. Default settings not changed, responsibility of detector systems
    2. Tune cut-offs etc. for each detector system.... mostly done, EMC?
    3. TPC requests to use by default G3, which is acceptable by other detectors.
  • Update documentation
    1. Update charmonium tutorial http://panda-wiki.gsi.de/cgi-bin/viewauth/Computing/PandaRootCharmoniumT utorial .... in progress (Soeren)
    2. ...to be discussed on next meeting....


Is there anything I missed? If so, let me know.

Kind wishes,

Johan.
Re: Action points towards next release.... [message #9875 is a reply to message #9872] Sat, 05 December 2009 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mpeliz is currently offline  mpeliz
Messages: 51
Registered: February 2008
Location: Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
continuous participant
From: *dip.t-dialin.net
Hello,

I have one remark concerning the tuning of the G3/4 cuts. For the EMC we need a deeper understanding of test beam data and how MC compares to it. Vanni is working on this issue using Proto60 data.
Especially for G3 we have no good starting values and it could take some time to come to final results. I guess this is out of the scope for the next stable release and it was not my impression that this should be already go to the next release.

Best regards,
Marc
Re: Action points towards next release.... [message #9878 is a reply to message #9872] Sun, 06 December 2009 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens Sören Lange is currently offline  Jens Sören Lange
Messages: 193
Registered: June 2005
first-grade participant
From: *kek.jp
Hi all,

Quote:

Update documentation

1. Update charmonium tutorial http://panda-wiki.gsi.de/cgi-bin/viewauth/Computing/PandaRootCharmoniumT utorial .... in progress (Soeren)


for this one Klaus Goetzen and I talked and decided that it is better to change significantly (or better, to merge with the tutorials from Krakow and Torino to one single beginners' tutorial, which a.) works and b.) stays more or less the same for the next 1-2 years).

a.) The main purpose is to go one stop beyond a running macro, i.e. not just blindly run a macro as a black box, but also to take a look inside, and see, how to change e.g. from box generator to EvtGen or to DpmGen.

b.) to give some basic troublshooting help with running EvtGen and all the things that could happen there (libPythia, libg2c, etc.)

c.) The tutorial right now still uses we TpcLheTracks. as it was for a very early version of PandaRoot, when we didn't have TCandidates. So we will change that now.

cheers, Soeren (& Kaus)
Re: Action points towards next release.... [message #9882 is a reply to message #9878] Sun, 06 December 2009 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
Messages: 693
Registered: April 2007
Location: University of Groningen
first-grade participant

From: *xs4all.nl
Hi Soeren and Klaus,

That is an absolutely great initiative!

Thanks,

Johan.
Re: Action points towards next release.... [message #9883 is a reply to message #9875] Sun, 06 December 2009 13:06 Go to previous message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
Messages: 693
Registered: April 2007
Location: University of Groningen
first-grade participant

From: *xs4all.nl
Hi Marc,

Here you are right. We indeed have to tune the transport model to reproduce the prototype data. That is an absolute must. Lets see what we will learn in the course of time....

Greetings,

Johan
Previous Topic: Collaboration meeting in December
Next Topic: Next PandaRoot meeting, Wednesday 6th of January 2010, 10:00, EVO
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Jun 10 10:34:58 CEST 2023

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00841 seconds