GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » EMC » New EmcMapper
New EmcMapper [message #9506] Fri, 02 October 2009 14:03 Go to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Dear all,
I have fixed the PndEmcMapper::Instance so that it runs and take the correct geometry from the parameter file (instead of the sim one, as done before last Mohammad's change).

Now PndEmcMapper is used as before, but you ahve to write the name of the parameter file instead of the sim one. I have updated some macros, but please keep it in mind for your analysis.

Regards
Re: New EmcMapper [message #9508 is a reply to message #9506] Mon, 05 October 2009 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano,

The way you did works fine, assuming that the parameters:

1. comes only from ROOT file (No Oracle)
2. The parameter file contains only one geometry, which is not completely true. I could make more than one run with different geometries and they will be classified according to the Run Id.

So why not to handle the geometry in the same way as all other parameters? and what about making the mapper as a task which will make life much easier for initialization and so on. it does not need to have an Exec() function (something like the Geane Task) What do you think?

Mohammad
Re: New EmcMapper [message #9509 is a reply to message #9508] Mon, 05 October 2009 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

For the moment the code is fixed.
The way to access to the geometry in emc code is not so nice, but this would require a redesign of the emc code. I am not so sure there is somebody who has the will and the time to think about it.
Re: New EmcMapper [message #9511 is a reply to message #9506] Mon, 05 October 2009 21:43 Go to previous message
mpeliz is currently offline  mpeliz
continuous participant
Hi together,

the EmcMapper as it is implemented at the moment is very error prone, so we could clearly benefit from a better design.

Mohammad's posting about the EMC geometry files brought up some thoughts to me, how the geometry of the complte detector will be loaded in the future. I think there should be a common task where the detectors are plugged together. If something like this is existing we could simply add the EMC like all other detectors to this. So is there already something like this existing?

Since we have other topics to discuss also, I would suggest to have an EMC Software meeting beginning of next week? But I will send around an email to the EMC developers.

With regards,
Marc

are plugged together. If somehting like this is existing we could
simply add the EMC like all other detectors to this. So is there
allready somethig like this existing?

Since we have other topics to discuss also, I would suggest to have an EMC
Software meeting beginning of next week? But I will send arround
an email to the EMC developers.

With regards,
Marc

Previous Topic: shadowing is partially fixed for emc package
Next Topic: Geometry of EMC Barrel Crystal