GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Place for Reco Hits
Place for Reco Hits [message #9500] Fri, 02 October 2009 11:37 Go to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hello,
I think this would be the time to take all the Reco Hits and put them inside one package/folder separated from detectors, as we have stated some year ago in Ferrara.

In this case we could take out the dependence of detector packages from genfit, and build a new package which uses only pnddata and genfit.

Now the question is: where could we put this code? Maybe a new package, or something inside an already existing folder, i.e. recotask or something similar?

Comments and ideas are welcome.
Re: Place for Reco Hits [message #9503 is a reply to message #9500] Fri, 02 October 2009 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Poster From: *pool.mediaWays.net
Hi Stefano,

I like your idea very much. We could make a new package genfitTools which has the subdirectories

trackrep (dependencies: geane, genfit)
recohit (dependencies: detector hit classes, trackreps, genfit)
adapters (dependencies: genfit, trackbase)

They all should compile separately.

Mohammad: How can we organize this? I can work out a list for you of all the recoHit classes that exist and that need to be moved. I could write the linkdef as well. But also you would need to delete the hits from all the CMakeLists.txt and linkdefs in the detector packages. Could you do that?

Cheers, Christian
Re: Place for Reco Hits [message #9504 is a reply to message #9503] Fri, 02 October 2009 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
this is a good idea. Maybe we could put also inside recotask.
I will think about cleaning the detector packages.
But Mohammad should provide the folder GenfitTools, and give write permissions (I cannot do it).
Re: Place for Reco Hits [message #9505 is a reply to message #9500] Fri, 02 October 2009 13:20 Go to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

the new directory is there now (GenfitTools r 6665) with rw permissions for Stefano and Christian.

Mohammad
Previous Topic: Recotask?
Next Topic: Restructuring of Tracking Code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:12:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00785 seconds