GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Error in PndLheKalmanTask: track-array not found
Error in PndLheKalmanTask: track-array not found [message #9301] Thu, 03 September 2009 14:25 Go to next message
Christian Leitold is currently offline  Christian Leitold
continuous participant
Hello,

again I have some questions concerning the full simulation (with STT). As already mentioned before, we have created a set of macros based on those in trunk/tutorials/analysis (sim, digi, reco, kalman, makeTCands). I have upgraded now to the latest revision of the software now, which now runs "fine" -- if you define fine as "causing exactly the same errors as the old version".

Except from the actual simulation, I get these error messages in all steps:

Error in <PndFieldPar::init()>: PndFieldPar not initialized
Error in <PndSolenoidPar::init()>: PndSolenoidPar not initialized
Error in <PndDipolePar::init()>: PndDipolePar not initialized
Error in <PndTransPar::init()>: PndTransPar not initialized
Error in <PndConstPar::init()>: PndConstPar not initialized
Error in <FairRuntimeDb::initContainers()>: Error occured during initialization

So far, I could not find out if those are serious problems. Contrary, there is a serious problem in the Kalman task:

Error in <PndLheKalmanTask::PndLheKalmanTask::Init>: track-array not found!

I have already found out the reason for that is that the PndLheKalmanTask looks for a branch named LheTrack, which is apparently not there. And this also leads to a similar error in makeTCands:

-E- FairRootManager Branch: LheGenTrack not found in Tree

So, what do I have to do to add the missing "track array" to my simulation?

Thanks
Christian

[Updated on: Thu, 03 September 2009 14:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error in PndLheKalmanTask: track-array not found [message #9302 is a reply to message #9301] Thu, 03 September 2009 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Have you redone the whole chain with the new svn trunk?
If yes, you should have the LheTrack TCA... if not, probably your reco has crashed.
Re: Error in PndLheKalmanTask: track-array not found [message #9303 is a reply to message #9301] Thu, 03 September 2009 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Yes, I have done everything with the new svn trunk (revision 6392). Reco does not look as if it crashed: There ist except from the initialization errors only one warning again and again in the reco log:

-W- PndLheHitsMaker::GetSttHelixHit: SttHelixHit with GetZ() == 0 - skipped (requires STT bug fix!!)

What is the actual task where the LheTrack branch is created? And, what does TCA mean? (Sorry for such a beginner's question ...)

Kind regards
Christian
Re: Error in PndLheKalmanTask: track-array not found [message #9304 is a reply to message #9303] Thu, 03 September 2009 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

The warning is nothing serious.

LheTrack is created from the PndLheTrackFinder/Fitter, while LheGentrack is created by PndLheKalmanTask. After the "reco" and "fit" these TClonesArray (TCA) should be present inside cbmsim. Coul you please check, and see which TCA are present? (i.e., after sim you find MCTrack, EmcPoint, SttPoint... I need the same but for your reco and fit root files).
Re: Error in PndLheKalmanTask: track-array not found [message #9305 is a reply to message #9301] Thu, 03 September 2009 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Ah, ok, so TCA ist just TClonesArray Smile ...

For some strange reason, I had used PndSttFind/FitTracks instead of PndLheTrackFinder/Fitter ... bad mistake, especially, since the original version of the macro contained the now obsolete PndTpcLheTrackFinder/Fitter.

Still, now I get another error in the Kalman task:

Error in <PndLheKalmanTask::PndLheKalmanTask::Init>: PndTpcCluster array not found
-E- FairRootManager Branch: GEMHit not found in Tree

Why Tpc? There is no Tpc in our simulation ... and what about GEMHit?
Re: Error in PndLheKalmanTask: track-array not found [message #9306 is a reply to message #9305] Thu, 03 September 2009 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

The correct use of PndLheHitsMakes for stt+mvd can be found here:

tutorials/lhetrack/run_reco_sttcombi.C

If you want to use also gem (if they are on the simualtion), then check:

tutorials/lhetrack/run_reco_sttcombigem.C

However, tutorials/lhetrack has always the last updated version of the lhe macros.
Re: Error in PndLheKalmanTask: track-array not found [message #9308 is a reply to message #9301] Thu, 03 September 2009 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Alright, thanks for your suggestions.

What about the other Errors, the six initialization errors which I get in every macro except from the sim?
Re: Error in PndLheKalmanTask: track-array not found [message #9309 is a reply to message #9308] Thu, 03 September 2009 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

They do not affect the results, even because I suppose you are using a PndMultiFieldPar, which I cannot see between your error messages.
Re: Error in PndLheKalmanTask: track-array not found [message #9310 is a reply to message #9301] Thu, 03 September 2009 15:45 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Indeed I use a PndMultiFieldPar ... ok, thanks!
Previous Topic: Track Visualization questions
Next Topic: Dipole and transcient B field effect
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:29:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00803 seconds