GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » workaround for PndMicroWriter.cxx
workaround for PndMicroWriter.cxx [message #9204] Fri, 14 August 2009 15:46 Go to next message
Bernhard Roth is currently offline  Bernhard Roth
occasional visitor
Hi,

to get my charged candidates filled, I did now a workaround for PndMicroWriter.cxx in /PndTools/AnalysisTools.
Its just a simple workaround, which gives me the 4 vectors and charge of charged candidates in tcands.root.

But there are still informations about the covariant matrix missing. So I can't do a vertex fit in my analysis.

I also got a fist spectrum with 100 events, which I have enclosed.
The first is the gamma spectrum (top, left), which has a lot of background. Pions are there, but the peak is not very clear. I guess that there are also hits from charged particles in the EMC, which are filled in the gamma list. Is this possible?
And how can I get rid of the background?

Bernhard

index.php?t=getfile&id=5575&private=0
  • Attachment: PndMicroWriter.cxx
    (Size: 19.80KB, Downloaded 266 times)
  • Attachment: c1.jpg
    (Size: 50.55KB, Downloaded 467 times)
Re: workaround for PndMicroWriter.cxx [message #9210 is a reply to message #9204] Tue, 18 August 2009 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi Bernhard,

I'm going to work on the MicroWriter when back from vacations next week. There have been changes related to PID which will introduce changes to the writer as well as the PndEventReader.

Concerning your plot your impression is correct, that there for the moment is no automatic removal of the neutral clusters created by charged particles, so those will end up in the photons list.

One simple workaround you can try (I already did something like this before) is to find for each neutral particle the charged particle with the smallest angular difference and cut on that minimum angle. That worked quite reasonable for me some time ago.

More to come from next week on, when I'm back in office.

Cheers,

Klaus
Re: workaround for PndMicroWriter.cxx [message #9224 is a reply to message #9204] Mon, 24 August 2009 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bernhard Roth is currently offline  Bernhard Roth
occasional visitor
Hi,

I'm now on a workaround for PndMicroWriter.cxx to do Trackmatching.
For debugging reasons I wrote a shell script according to the go_stt_evtgen.sh from the PandaRootTutTorino09 to use the boxGen (pgun) from PANDAroot.
The script does a full simulation of a given particle type in a given momentum range for nEvents:
go_stt_pgun.sh <nEvents> <pid> <momentum1> <momentum2>

By editing run_sim_sttcombi_pgun.C the angle of the particles can also be adjusted.

Maybe it would be nice to have this script in svn, at the same location like the others (tutorials/analysis/)

Bernhard
Re: workaround for PndMicroWriter.cxx [message #9229 is a reply to message #9224] Tue, 25 August 2009 21:14 Go to previous message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

it has been done, see trunk....

Johan.
Previous Topic: analysis for TOF studies, fullsim crashes
Next Topic: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:00:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02310 seconds