Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » trunk doesnt compile
trunk doesnt compile [message #8849] Thu, 11 June 2009 16:49 Go to next message
M.Babai is currently offline  M.Babai
continuous participant
Hi all,

I was trying to compile r-5801, but got the following error:

pandaroot/genfit/RecoHitFactory.h:16,
from /home0/fairroot/pandaroot/genfit/RecoHitFactory.cxx:1:
/home0/fairroot/pandaroot/genfit/RecoHitProducer.h: In member function 'virtual AbsRecoHit* RecoHitProducer<hit_T, recoHit_T>::produce(int)':
/home0/fairroot/pandaroot/genfit/RecoHitProducer.h:100: error: there are no arguments to 'assert' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'assert' must be available
/home0/fairroot/pandaroot/genfit/RecoHitProducer.h:100: error: (if you use '-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
/home0/fairroot/pandaroot/genfit/RecoHitProducer.h:101: error: there are no arguments to 'assert' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'assert' must be available
make[2]: *** [genfit/CMakeFiles/genfit.dir/RecoHitFactory.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [genfit/CMakeFiles/genfit.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Cheers.
Re: trunk doesnt compile [message #8850 is a reply to message #8849] Thu, 11 June 2009 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Poster From: *pool.einsundeins.de
Hi,

sorry about that. On my machine it compiled. I commited a fix. Can you please check if the error is gone (since my system doesnt seem to be so picky).

Cheers, Christian
Re: trunk doesnt compile [message #8853 is a reply to message #8850] Thu, 11 June 2009 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Thank you.
It compiles now with no errors.

I don't know which compiler (version) you use, but the recent versions of gcc are designed to be more restrictive, which is not a bad property.

Kind wishes,
/MB
Re: trunk doesnt compile [message #8854 is a reply to message #8853] Thu, 11 June 2009 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Poster From: *pool.einsundeins.de
Hi,

well thank YOU for finding the bug. I use gcc 4.0 on Mac OSX. But the mistake I made was really bad (forgot to include assert.h), and I have no idea how it could slip through the compiler...

Cheers, Christian
Re: trunk doesnt compile [message #8856 is a reply to message #8854] Fri, 12 June 2009 10:39 Go to previous message
continuous participant
hmmmmmm!, I don't know either. But as far as I know, it is a problem (feature of) older compilers. To avoid this, the gcc people are now reorganizing it. So, hopefully it becomes even more restrictive with better error messages and cleaner generated code (objects).

Cheers
/MB
Previous Topic: Microcandidates writing fails for large simulation file
Next Topic: Bug in PndEmcMapper class: neighbour lists of PndEmcTwoCoordIndex wrong
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:53:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00539 seconds