GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » stable branch compilation error
stable branch compilation error [message #8670] Tue, 26 May 2009 15:58 Go to next message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi all,

I'm not so familiar with the stable branch, therefore I might have done something wrong, but I failed to compile it.

What I did is to check it out with

svn co ..../stable

create a new build directory, do cmake inside and compile it as usually done with trunk. What I get is the following error:

[ 49%] Building CXX object mdt/CMakeFiles/Mdt.dir/MdtMC/PndGeoMdtPar.o
[ 49%] Building CXX object mdt/CMakeFiles/Mdt.dir/MdtMC/PndMdt.o
/u/kgoetzen/work/testfair9/stable/mdt/MdtMC/PndMdt.cxx:20:30: error: FairGeoG3Builder.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [mdt/CMakeFiles/Mdt.dir/MdtMC/PndMdt.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [mdt/CMakeFiles/Mdt.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Does somebody have an idea why that happens?

Cheers and thanks,

Klaus
Re: stable branch compilation error [message #8672 is a reply to message #8670] Tue, 26 May 2009 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
remove the #include FairGeoG3Builder.h from PndMdt.cxx
The file FairGeoG3Builder.h was removed from the base folder because obsolere, but maybe the code was not updated according to this modification (or betrer, the code was fixed in the trunk but not in the stable).
Maybe you will find the same error on other classes.
Re: stable branch compilation error [message #8673 is a reply to message #8670] Tue, 26 May 2009 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asanchez is currently offline  asanchez
first-grade participant
Hi Klaus, i think the class
FairGeoG3Builder.h has been removed some days ago from
trunk/ detector directories. Because it was obsolete.
Maybe the problem is related to this fact.

Maybe if you comment the line where it appears
it will compile.
best regrads.

ALicia
Re: stable branch compilation error [message #8676 is a reply to message #8670] Tue, 26 May 2009 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano and Alicia,

thanks, I'm gonna try that. The point I'd like to make of course is then, that the stable branch is intended to be always stable. When it doesn't compile from time to time we have a severe problem!!

Cheers,
Klaus
Re: stable branch compilation error [message #8677 is a reply to message #8676] Tue, 26 May 2009 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
the problem was not inside the pandaroot stable, but due to the changes inside the fairroot stable (the pandaroot trunk is related to the fairrot stable, to change the trunk base classes you are also changing the stable classes somehow).
Of course we should try to avoid this kind of errors.
Re: stable branch compilation error [message #8678 is a reply to message #8676] Tue, 26 May 2009 17:26 Go to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

First of all I corrected this problem and now it should work! this was due to the blind include of FairG3GeoBuilder in many detectors! the funny thing non of these detectors has ever needed this class or use it! this is the native G3 geometry which was never used in PANDA, except the cut and paste there is obsoletely no logical explanation why it is there!

But this leads again to the discussion what is a Stable branch and who should do it? and should we fix the external (fairbase for each stable revision) as we do for the release! in fact that is why it crashes here. The pandaroot stable is connected to the head of fairbase release without revision number.

regards

Mohammad
Previous Topic: PndSttHitProducerRealFast() depends on event type?
Next Topic: Pandaroot compilation error on Ubuntu9.04
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:42:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00855 seconds