GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings
Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8166] Wed, 01 April 2009 18:56 Go to next message
Aida Galoyan is currently offline  Aida Galoyan
continuous participant
Hi all,

I have calculated 100000 Events of pbar-p elastic scatterings
with Coulomb, Interference and hadron scatterings at different
energies within new DPM generator. The output-root files are
disposed in lxi00X.gsi.de in public directory:
/d/panda02/elastic

Using the files, one can check response of barrel part on
recoil protons and forward part on elastic scattered
antiprotons.

Aida

Re: Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8179 is a reply to message #8166] Mon, 06 April 2009 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear Aida,

this are good news. Can you upload your code to the SVN of pandaRoot so that we can use the generator directly?

Thank you in advance,

Tobias
Re: Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8182 is a reply to message #8179] Mon, 06 April 2009 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Dear Tobias,

Hadron elastic scattering is presented in the version of DPM installed in Panda-Root.
It is the most essential part of elastic scattering for Panda.
The Coulomb scattering will give contribution at very forward
direction, and recoil very slow protons in the barrel part.

First of all, we are interested in testing of the
full elastic scattering (Coulomb, interference, hadron parts)
algorithm, and proccesing of the generated files with elastic scattering. We would like to see the results of full simulation with elastic scattering.

An installation of DPM with full elastic scattering is now complicated, because it is required to point out the minimal angle of the Coulomb scattering. However, there is PndDpmDirect class installed by Mohhamad with initial parameters without minimal angle. If I include the new version of the DPM there will be a contractiction with PndDpmDirect class.
Therefore, without coordination with PndDpmDirect class I can not insert new variant of the DPM.

I hope my generated files will be useful for you.
Aida
Re: Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8183 is a reply to message #8182] Mon, 06 April 2009 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Dear Aida,

thank you for your reply.

The generated files are very useful for us and Tsito will use them extensively once he is back from vacation.

Nevertheless it would be nice if these files could be produced directly and I think we should address this once Mohammad is back.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8701 is a reply to message #8183] Wed, 27 May 2009 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miriam Fritsch
occasional visitor
Hi Tobias,

do you know what the status is ?? Did you ask Mohammed about inserting the minimum angle in the PndDpmDirect class in order to make the coulomb scattering available in svn ??

Cheers,

Miriam
Re: Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8702 is a reply to message #8701] Wed, 27 May 2009 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Dear Miriam,

I am sorry, but I have not contacted Mohammad about this problem. Hopefully he sees now this thread and is able to respond to it Very Happy.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8804 is a reply to message #8166] Fri, 05 June 2009 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mathias Michel is currently offline  Mathias Michel
occasional visitor

Hi,

my name is Mathias Michel, i'm writing my diploma in Mainz about the luminosity monitor system for Panda and i am new to this forum, so hello everybody Smile

I tested the Dpm-file with the elastic scattering at 6,2GeV and it seems to me that there is an minimum angle at about 5mrad and there are no events for smaller angles.
So am i right with the minimum angle and if yes in which angles does the new Dpm generate elastic Events?

It would be helpful to simulate elastic events down to 2.8mrad, is this possible with the Dpm?

Cheers,

Mathias

[Updated on: Fri, 05 June 2009 10:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8812 is a reply to message #8804] Fri, 05 June 2009 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Mathias,

I can simulate elastic pbar-p events with DPM at min. angle 2.8 mrad. Please, write me, beam momentum of antiprotons and number of events.

Best regards,
Aida
icon4.gif  Re: Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8840 is a reply to message #8812] Wed, 10 June 2009 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi all,

I have inserted some improvements in
elastic (hadron+Coloumb+interference) part of DPM.

With this version of DPM, I have generated elastic pbar-p (100000 Events) at various energies for minimal Theta 3 mrad. Ouput-root files are disposed in GSI Linux cluster in public directory
/d/panda02/elastic .
I have removed earlier generated files there.

Aida

Re: Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8877 is a reply to message #8840] Thu, 18 June 2009 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

Aida, can you put your modified version of DPM in the development branch of the repository so that I can modify the DPM direct classes and put all together in SVN trunk?

So as soon as you make it available in the development branch please let me know!

regards

Mohammad
Re: Elastic pbar-p with Coulomb and hadron scatterings [message #8886 is a reply to message #8166] Fri, 19 June 2009 15:20 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Dear Mohammad,

I will write you after last check of the new DPM.

Before this, the users can apply root-files generated
by new DPM disposed at GSI Linux cluster in public directory:
/d/panda02/elastic
There are simulations of 100000 Events
of pbar-p elastic scatterings (hadron+interf.+Coulomb)
at beam momenta 1.5, 2.0, 6.2, 8.0, 10.1, 15.0, 16.0 GeV/c
at teta_min=3 mrad.

Best regards,
Aida
Previous Topic: GENFIT long write-up
Next Topic: TPC cluster finder update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:23:25 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01111 seconds