GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » How to treat real detector data?
How to treat real detector data? [message #7764] Tue, 27 January 2009 16:03 Go to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi all,

The Mvd test sensors are taking data which I intend to stuff into our pandaroot analysis chain. There is a task developed to read the data and put it into a clonesarray via the framework. (see https://subversion.gsi.de/fairroot/pandaroot/development/mvddevel/mvd/Mv dDAQ rev. 4422)

However, there are some issues with the Run objects: The CbmRunSim is not really a good option to use (it works, though) because you will start the Monte-Carlo which is not needed and which really slows the whole thing down. The CbmRunAna is more preferable, but it reads a TChain, which still has to be created. Especially the Run function is setting the eventnumber according to the Eventnumber in the TChain.
Toggle Spoiler

There are two possible solutions which come to my mind: Either we create a new CbmRun class which is there for taking CbmDetector modules (to have the panda geometry) and a list of tasks OR to set the CbmRunAna into a "DataMode" and simply skipping the eventnumber check in the Run function. Personally I'd prefer to have a CbmRunData (or CbmRunDAQ or whatever).

I'd be glad to hear an opinion on that.

Cheers, Ralf.
Re: How to treat real detector data? [message #7765 is a reply to message #7764] Tue, 27 January 2009 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi Ralf,

you can use the CbmRunAna::DummyRun which does not use any input chain or what ever it just execute your task and fill a tree out of that!

regards

Mohammad
Re: How to treat real detector data? [message #7766 is a reply to message #7764] Wed, 28 January 2009 11:39 Go to previous message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hello again,

We tried it with the CbmRunAna::DummyRun(). It works so far.

Ralf.

PS: Filesize issues may arise from not clearing the arrays each event.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2009 11:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: user rights for svn and software release tools
Next Topic: Tasks in Simulation session
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:04:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01679 seconds