GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Tasks in Simulation session
Tasks in Simulation session [message #7644] Wed, 17 December 2008 10:48 Go to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hallo,

I added a macro to the /macro/emc (sim_hit_emc.C) showing how to add tasks with parameters to a simulation session, this macro will analyze the EmcPoint directly after simulation and write the EmcHit to the tree. the only change in the Task needed to do this is in the SetParContainers() method one should use the base class CbmRun and not the CbmRunAna, (which will work also for an analysis session).

// Get run and runtime database
  CbmRun* run = CbmRun::Instance();
  CbmRuntimeDb* db = run->GetRuntimeDb();

For this example both points and hits are saved to the file, so may be one should implement a method to switch off writing the points to the file, or an extra argument to the detector constructor! technically one need only to switch off saving to file in the register call, i.e:

CbmRootManager::Instance()->Register("EmcPoint","Emc", fEmcCollection, kFALSE);

regards

Mohammad
Re: Tasks in Simulation session [message #7645 is a reply to message #7644] Wed, 17 December 2008 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Mohammad Al-Turany wrote on Wed, 17 December 2008 10:48

For this example both points and hits are saved to the file, so may be one should implement a method to switch off writing the points to the file, or an extra argument to the detector constructor! technically one need only to switch off saving to file in the register call, i.e:

done and done (well, only for the EMC it is...).

Johan.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 December 2008 23:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tasks in Simulation session [message #7802 is a reply to message #7644] Mon, 02 February 2009 21:39 Go to previous message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear all,

I modified various "SetParContainers()" pieces of code throughout the complete PandaRoot trunk (rev 4468), following the earlier thread by Mohammad. I compiled, tested randomly and successfully some example macros. If you encounter any problems, let me know.

Johan

[Updated on: Mon, 02 February 2009 22:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to treat real detector data?
Next Topic: Some benchmarks...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 17:52:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00929 seconds