GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » New Dashboard
New Dashboard [message #7510] Mon, 10 November 2008 15:13 Go to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi

I installed a new dashboard for PandaRoot. For some time there will be a coexistence of the old one (http://lxg1417..gsi.de:8081/PandaRoot/Dashboard/) and the new one (http://fairroot.gsi.de/CDash/index.php?project=PandaRoot).

The new Dashboard offers much more functionality than the old one, which should make our live more easy. For example you can set it up in such a way that you will receive an email when one of your commits to the repository will break the project. This means the nighly and experimental builds will show up in both dashboards.

Since i had to do some changes to files related to the automatic testing it maybe that the nightly builds will break, so i ask the administrators of the sites providing nightly builds to have a look at the Dart.sh file. This file has changed and maybe has to be adjusted to the local environment. This holds although for users using the functionalty of Experimental builds.
For those of you who are either Site admins or who are able to commit to the repository please create and setup an account on the new dashboard. Go to the new dashboard page and click on Login (upper left corner). On the new page click on Register and fill the form. Choose the project PandaRoot and fill the next form to your needs.
If you run into any problems please let me know.

There were also some changes to the main CMakeLists.txt. If anybody encounters some problems after the upgrade please let me know immediately.

By the way i have the feeling that at many sites there is a problem with the local working copy of the repository, bacause there was an error with the dch/CMakeLists.txt which doesn't show up on many of the sites. I had the same problem at my machine at GI, which i could resolve with a new checkout.

Have a lot of fun with the new dashboard.

Ciao

Florian

Re: New Dashboard [message #7512 is a reply to message #7510] Mon, 10 November 2008 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
it seems to work for me, I have received my first mail asking to remove some warnings Smile
In the website, when I click on some machine, a popup appear with the following message:

The Google Maps API key used on this web site was registered for a different web site. You can generate a new key for this web site at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/.

It is not so clear to me what is the meaning of this, should one get this map ID to see where the servers are located?

And in the first row appears a message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/www-linux/cbm/cbmrtwww/public_html/CDash/viewSite.php on line 118

but maybe this is related to the missing map ID,
Re: New Dashboard [message #7513 is a reply to message #7510] Mon, 10 November 2008 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Hi Florian,

Works for me as well. Actually, how does one setup this email notification business?

Johan.
Re: New Dashboard [message #7514 is a reply to message #7513] Tue, 11 November 2008 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Stefan, Hi Johan

Nice to know that this is runing. During this night i don't get any results at all. This is also true for CbmRoot, so i think we had a problem at GSI. So don't woory if you don't see your nightly builds. In this moment i have seen that there are also nosubmissions to the old dashboard. I had one submission from CBM at 8 o'clock and this works, so i think the problem is already fixed.

We have up to now no Google Maps runing, so you don't have to worry about the first warning. You can have a webpage with a map showing the status??? of the submission sites, but i never test this feature. I think this is somehow similar to the first page of the MonaLisa monitoring. This has to be done only on the central dashboard server. If i have time i will have a look.
The second warning i have already seen in the error logs, but i don't know whats going on. This topic i have to investigate.

To setup the email notification you need an account on the dashboard. To set this up follow the instruction in my previous mail. Stefano, Mohammad and Ralf already did it.

Ciao

Florian
Re: New Dashboard [message #7515 is a reply to message #7514] Tue, 11 November 2008 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
I think this night simply the gsi server was not connected to the network. I have tried several times to connect from the web to the two dashboard sites around 4:00 AM and 6:AM, but without any success, page not found.
Yesterday (or at least I think for you it was yesterday) I have launched a normal "Experimental" and it has run fine.
Re: New Dashboard [message #7516 is a reply to message #7515] Tue, 11 November 2008 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano

That means italians don't have to sleep, or are you in a different time zone?
I will talk to our administrators and ask them about the problems and let you know afterwards.

Ciao

Florian
Re: New Dashboard [message #7517 is a reply to message #7516] Tue, 11 November 2008 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

I am in China,
and I was even doing a night shift (so now i have a "jet lag" * "night shift lag"), and I am going to sleep...
Re: New Dashboard [message #7524 is a reply to message #7514] Wed, 12 November 2008 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,

O.K., I found the login button ....!!

Something else, could you place a logo for Panda on the new Dashboard site?
A picture of the Panda detector would be very nice and better than a question mark Smile

Johan.

Re: New Dashboard [message #7525 is a reply to message #7524] Thu, 13 November 2008 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
I have the feeling that the new dashboard code is not updating the code from svn.
I can see that there are two warnings in PndTpcPlanarRecoHit and PndLheTpcPlanarRecoHit that I have solved several days ago, moreover the "update" column is empty since few days.

Therefore, maybe something needs to be fixed.
Re: New Dashboard [message #7529 is a reply to message #7525] Thu, 13 November 2008 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano

This has nothing to do with the new code. This is a problem with
your local copy of the repository, which is somehow corrupted. Try to do a svn update manually and you probably will see some errors. I had the same problem. I resolved this with a new checkout of the repository. My feeling is that several sites have this problem.

Ciao

Florian
Re: New Dashboard [message #7530 is a reply to message #7524] Thu, 13 November 2008 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Johan

Please send me a logo as gif or jpg file, then i will put the logo on the site.

Ciao

Re: New Dashboard [message #7534 is a reply to message #7530] Thu, 13 November 2008 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

here is it!

Johan.
Re: New Dashboard [message #7539 is a reply to message #7529] Sun, 16 November 2008 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
first of all, I have done a svn update and now I have only 9 warnings, my checks were updated.

BUT,
from svn I can see that the last update was done on 14/11 at 16:41, while on the dashboard the nightly and experimental compilations gives always "0" updates (the continuous gives the correct number) in almost all the machines.

Therefore, I think there is still something strange in the dash jobs, at least for experimental and nighlty builds.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 November 2008 20:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Dashboard [message #7541 is a reply to message #7539] Mon, 17 November 2008 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano

You're right. The update command in the cmake file was commented. I changed this and commit the file to the repository. Now should be everything fine.

Ciao

Florian

Re: New Dashboard [message #7576 is a reply to message #7510] Fri, 28 November 2008 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi,

I wonder why one of the Dresden machines still is marked as having errors during the update. Yesterday the "experimental" worked nicely (yesterday|today).

I figured that one should copy the Dart.sh script and modify (site name etc.) that copy to avoid the "file is changed" message (not an error in my mind, but ok...).

Cheers, Ralf.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 November 2008 12:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Dashboard [message #7577 is a reply to message #7576] Fri, 28 November 2008 13:55 Go to previous message
first-grade participant

Exactly,
I am using just a copy of the Dart.sh, correctly modified.
Previous Topic: Error in EvtGen compilation
Next Topic: dlopen error with libDch.so
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 01:42:29 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00786 seconds