GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » PandaRoot meeting, Wednesday (!!) 12th of November, 10:00, EVO
PandaRoot meeting, Wednesday (!!) 12th of November, 10:00, EVO [message #7508] Mon, 10 November 2008 13:26 Go to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear all,

On Wednesday (aufgepast!) we will have our regular PandaRoot meeting (10:00, EVO). Tentative agenda:

1) General announcement

- workshops
- upcoming collaboration meeting

2) PandaRoot V3, target reached?

- status : http://panda-wiki.gsi.de/cgi-bin/view/Computing/PandaRootV3
- discussion release management

3) Overview & perspectives subgroup projects

- Analysis: Klaus
- EMC: Marc

4) Muon analysis

- report by Marco Destefanis
- discussion, persistency problem in MCTrack?

5) AOB

If you have any important point which you would like to see on the agenda, let me know asap.

Hear you then,

Johan.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2008 17:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PandaRoot meeting, Wednesday (!!) 12th of November, 10:00, EVO [message #7522 is a reply to message #7508] Tue, 11 November 2008 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marco Destefanis is currently offline  Marco Destefanis
occasional visitor
Hi all,

in attachment you will find my presentation for tomorrow and a small tar file. This tar file contains all the files I have modified to perform my tests and the outputs I get from them. Using those files in principle it should be possible to replicate the error that I have found.
The presentation contains also some notes which can be used for a better understanding of my investigations.

It would be nice if somebody of you can have a look into what I have prepared and maybe try to replicate my output, so tomorrow we can already have some feedback and we can alredy start a deep discussion.

Bye,
Marco
icon1.gif  Minutes [message #7550 is a reply to message #7508] Sun, 23 November 2008 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Dear all,

The minutes of the PandaRoot meeting of 12th of November can be found at

http://panda-wiki.gsi.de/cgi-bin/view/Computing/Minutes11Nov2008

Kind wishes,

Johan
Re: Minutes [message #7554 is a reply to message #7550] Mon, 24 November 2008 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
I have some comments, that I could not give during the meetings considering that I was not there:

Quote:

For example, access to the EMC cluster information is needed. At the moment, a hardcopy of some of the information is made. It could be more advantageous to introduce a smarter interface layer (if it does not induce a loss in performance, though!).

In lhetrack the index of the object EmcCluster is present, and from this number one can retrieve all the EmcCluster/Bump informations. It is just to propagate an integer inside the MicroCandidate (if this is not already done).

Quote:

The slides of Marc's presentation can be found at: mp_emc_Nov11.pdf

I have some comments on page 3:

EmcRecoHit is not the final object of EMC analysis, it is just a placeholder of informations for the genfit Kalman Filter. At the moment the EMC data are not used in Kalman, so this is not used.
The final object is EmcBump, which has all the EMC informations, such as EmcXClMoments.

The propagation of MC information is not done, this is the only point that one should develope in a smart way, considering that many MC tracks contribute to the Cluster.

The track matching is already done in lhetrack code.
Re: Minutes [message #7558 is a reply to message #7554] Mon, 24 November 2008 15:48 Go to previous message
first-grade participant

Hi,

I added Stefano's comments to the minutes as well, just to clarify things!

Thanks St.,

Johan.
Previous Topic: Pandaroot meeting, Tuesday 21th of October, 10:00, EVO
Next Topic: Contributions for Collaboration Meeting in December
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:29:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00617 seconds