GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Warning gcc>4.2.1: Deprecated conversion from string constant to...
Warning gcc>4.2.1: Deprecated conversion from string constant to... [message #7140] Fri, 01 August 2008 12:08 Go to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Dear all,
it seems that starting from gcc 4.2.1 new warnings appear in our code:

warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'Text_t*'

They come each time we write something like rtdb->getContainer("PndGeoPassivePar"), more in general when we write a string directly in our function, instead of defining it as a string and then passing the variable to the code.

The question is: should we care about this? If I have understood well in the more recent releases of gcc this warning becomes an error...
Re: Warning gcc>4.2.1: Deprecated conversion from string constant to... [message #7141 is a reply to message #7140] Fri, 01 August 2008 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano

I know what the problem is and fixed it already in some of my private versions and will update the repository sometime in the next week. In the moment you don't have to worry about the warning.

Ciao

Florian
Re: Warning gcc>4.2.1: Deprecated conversion from string constant to... [message #7142 is a reply to message #7141] Fri, 01 August 2008 12:36 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Thanks a lot,
now I can sleep better at night Smile
Previous Topic: Problems with run_sim1.C && gcc < 4.x ?
Next Topic: Pipe design
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:04:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00766 seconds