GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Problems with run_sim1.C && gcc < 4.x ?
Problems with run_sim1.C && gcc < 4.x ? [message #7134] Tue, 29 July 2008 11:05 Go to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi everyone,

In the last week there is the run_sim1.C Macro not running on the dashboard. It looks like this is for one Dresden machine and for a GSI computer. Both have a gcc version smaller then 4.

However if I look to the logfiles (below) I don't see an explicit error...

I'm lost on this part, especially since running the pandaroot/macro/run/run_sim* scripts by hand shows everything to be ok.

Kind greetings from Dresden, Ralf.
Re: Problems with run_sim1.C && gcc < 4.x ? [message #7136 is a reply to message #7134] Wed, 30 July 2008 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Ralf

I have seen this, too, but i could not find the reason up to now.
I will have a closser look.
Have you seen the feature Continuous build on the Dashboard?

Ciao

Florian
Re: Problems with run_sim1.C && gcc < 4.x ? [message #7137 is a reply to message #7136] Wed, 30 July 2008 09:21 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Isw it possible that the problem comes from the final exit(0)?

In Torino I have found that in some machine (a few) the exit function could give problems, something like the memory is not dumped correctly in the file. So the analysis goes fines, but when one tries to use some reconstruction macro...they fail. I have found that with the normal exit ".q" it dis not produce the same error.

I found this in only one machine, maybe related to its memory, however I am wondering if one could launch in the dashboard something like a root -q intead of using this "brute force" exiting.

I am just trysing to guess...no idea on what went wrong in this case.
Previous Topic: running problem in rev. 3247
Next Topic: Warning gcc>4.2.1: Deprecated conversion from string constant to...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:29:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00953 seconds