GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » problem with PndMvdRecoHit
problem with PndMvdRecoHit [message #6936] Mon, 16 June 2008 13:02 Go to next message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi!

I updated to the newest version of pandaroot. When I try to build everything, I get the errors:

[ 45%] Generating MvdRecoDict.cxx, MvdRecoDict.h
Error: G__getvariable: expression /u/kgoetzen/work/testfair3/pandaroot/mvd/MvdData/PndMvdRecoHit.h:68:
Error: G__getvariable: expression /u/kgoetzen/work/testfair3/pandaroot/mvd/MvdData/PndMvdRecoHit.h:68:
Error: Symbol AbsTrackRep is not defined in current scope /u/kgoetzen/work/testfair3/pandaroot/mvd/MvdData/PndMvdRecoHit.h:68:
Error: Symbol stateVector is not defined in current scope /u/kgoetzen/work/testfair3/pandaroot/mvd/MvdData/PndMvdRecoHit.h:68:
Syntax Error: > /u/kgoetzen/work/testfair3/pandaroot/mvd/MvdData/PndMvdRecoHit.h:68:
Error: Function virtualDouble_tresidualScalar(AbsTrackRep* stateVector,> is not defined in current scope /u/kgoetzen/work/testfair3/pandaroot/mvd/MvdData/PndMvdRecoHit.h:68:
Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing /u/kgoetzen/work/testfair3/build/mvd/MvdRecoDict.cxx /u/kgoetzen/work/testfair3/build/mvd/MvdRecoDict.h !!!
Error: /misc/cbmsoft/Debian3.1/mar08/fairsoft/tools/root/bin/rootcint: error loading headers...
make[2]: *** [mvd/MvdRecoDict.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [mvd/CMakeFiles/MvdReco.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Could somebody fix this?

Cheers and thanks,
Klaus
Re: problem with PndMvdRecoHit [message #6943 is a reply to message #6936] Mon, 16 June 2008 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi Klaus.

From your post I assume you are at revision 2925 or larger.
My guesses would be:
1) you didn't update genfit (recent changes in AbvsRecoHit)
2) you need to "make clean" in your build/mvd

If this doesn't help, please run in your local pandaroot directory "./Dart.sh Experimental". This will update (! might not be wanted from you) your pandaroot to the head revision and compile/test it with your local changes. Maybe we can learn something more on the dashboard then.

Nice greetings from Dresden,
Ralf.
Re: problem with PndMvdRecoHit [message #6948 is a reply to message #6943] Mon, 16 June 2008 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Ralf!

Ok, thanks for the info! I thought I freshly checked out the complete PandaRoot and therefore should have everything up to date, but an svn update brought in some new files.
I try now a make clean and look what happens...

Best regards + thanks,
Klaus
Re: problem with PndMvdRecoHit [message #6957 is a reply to message #6936] Tue, 17 June 2008 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi Klaus,
On the dashboard I can see something is going wrong on your installation. Please make sure you have no local changes in the mvd package and in genfit. Possibly you mad a fix which conflicts now with the svn head.

Cheers, Ralf.

Re: problem with PndMvdRecoHit [message #6959 is a reply to message #6957] Tue, 17 June 2008 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Your (Klaus) mvd/MvdData/PndMvdRecoHit.h .cxx files are screwed up with older versions.
Try to remove all of them (rm PndMvdRecoHit*), even the old releases, to svn update the MvdData directory and compile it again.
Re: problem with PndMvdRecoHit [message #6960 is a reply to message #6948] Tue, 17 June 2008 13:23 Go to previous message
first-grade participant
Hi guys,

thanks a lot! That was it! Now everything seems to work!

Cheers,
Klaus
Previous Topic: crash in recotasks/demo/runDemo.C
Next Topic: PndMvdMCPoint?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:55:10 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00900 seconds