GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » stt not compiling
icon5.gif  stt not compiling [message #5037] Thu, 13 September 2007 12:57 Go to next message
Carsten Schwarz is currently offline  Carsten Schwarz
first-grade participant
Hi there,

I cannot compile the stt directory, even after a new installation of the whole pandaroot I get

g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"cbmroot\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"cbmroot\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\" "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"cbmroot 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"f.uhlig@gsi.de\" -DPACKAGE=\"cbmroot\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -I. -I../../pandaroot/stt -I/misc/cbmsoft/Debian3.1/new/tools/root/include -I../../pandaroot/geobase -I../../pandaroot/parbase -I../../pandaroot/field -I../../pandaroot/base -I../../pandaroot/mcstack -I/misc/cbmsoft/Debian3.1/new/transport/geant3/TGeant3 -g -pipe -Wall -Wno-deprecated -MT CbmSttGeomPoint.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/CbmSttGeomPoint.Tpo -c ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttGeomPoint.cxx -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/CbmSttGeomPoint.o
/misc/cbmsoft/Debian3.1/new/tools/root/bin/rootcint -f CbmSttDict.cxx -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/misc/cbmsoft/Debian3.1/new/tools/root/include -I../../pandaroot/geobase -I../../pandaroot/parbase -I../../pandaroot/field -I../../pandaroot/base -I../../pandaroot/mcstack -I/misc/cbmsoft/Debian3.1/new/transport/geant3/TGeant3 ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttMatchTracks.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmGeoStt.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttPoint.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttTrack.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmStt.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmGeoSttPar.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttContFact.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttDigiPar.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttParRootFileIo.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttParAsciiFileIo.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttTrackFinder.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttFindTracks.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttTrackFinderIdeal.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttTrackFitter.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttFitTracks.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttTrackMatch.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttHit.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttHitInfo.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttHitProducerIdeal.h ../../pandaroot/stt/TStraw.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttHitProducerReal.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttHelixTrackFitter.h ../../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttGeomPoint.h ../../pandaroot/stt/SttLinkDef.h
Error: link requested for unknown class CbmSttHitProducerRealFast ../../pandaroot/stt/SttLinkDef.h:29:
Error: link requested for unknown class CbmSttHitProducerRealFull ../../pandaroot/stt/SttLinkDef.h:30:
Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing CbmSttDict.cxx CbmSttDict.h !!!
Error: /misc/cbmsoft/Debian3.1/new/tools/root/bin/rootcint: error loading headers...
make[1]: *** [CbmSttDict.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/misc/carsten/src/panda/build/stt'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
build>

Happy for any help
Carsten
Re: stt not compiling [message #5038 is a reply to message #5037] Thu, 13 September 2007 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
this is strange, considering that it is working since some time and I cannot see recent changes in the code.

Are you using cmake, or the automake procedure (the one with ./reconf)? The cmake is updated, while I fear that the classes are not maintained under automake.

If you are using automake, try to use the cmake procedure, it should work.
icon7.gif  Re: stt not compiling [message #5039 is a reply to message #5037] Thu, 13 September 2007 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Schwarz is currently offline  Carsten Schwarz
first-grade participant
Hi there,

obiously this ahppens only if I use then "configure..." approach. With cmake everything compiles fine.

I thank Alicia for her kind help.

Carsten
Re: stt not compiling [message #5040 is a reply to message #5039] Thu, 13 September 2007 14:05 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The problem is that while for cmake we can continuosly test the compilation via the Dashboard, with configure we cannot.

So now almost all the developers are using cmake and it can happen that something is forgotten with the other approach.

Previous Topic: Prolem reading UrQMD files
Next Topic: Simulation on a batch farm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:32:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00819 seconds