GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » New Solenoid geometry
icon6.gif  New Solenoid geometry [message #7477] Tue, 28 October 2008 10:34 Go to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear pandaRooters,

I have added to SVN the new solenoid geometry. The file name is (Solenoid_v831.root). As in the old version it does not contain the muon detectors which should come in their own geometry file.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: New Solenoid geometry [message #7481 is a reply to message #7477] Fri, 31 October 2008 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

The field maps corresponding to this geometry are now in svn trunk. Jost Lühning created these maps in TOSCA. I put the root files in the Pandaroot/input directory,new classes for parameter handling are also added, the field classes are compatible with the old ones, in reconstruction and analysis the runtime data base can reconstruct these fields according to the run id!. In the run_sim1.C you can see how to use these fields just un-comment the lines which add the new fields to the multi-field.

regards

Mohammad
Re: New Solenoid geometry [message #7482 is a reply to message #7481] Fri, 31 October 2008 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

However, it seems that when one tries to run some events with the new root geometry, both G3 and G4 crash at some well defined event (one can run run_sim1.C to test it)
So maybe there are still some problems to be solved.
Re: New Solenoid geometry [message #7483 is a reply to message #7482] Fri, 31 October 2008 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano,

I could not reproduce this! I run 1000 event (10 proton each) with out problems can you tell me how to get this crash!

Mohammad
Re: New Solenoid geometry [message #7485 is a reply to message #7483] Sat, 01 November 2008 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
I have tried in my SL4.7 and also in the Gentoo Gießen cluster.
I have substituted in macro/run/run_sim1.C "FullSolenoid.root" with "PandaSolenoidV833.root".

This is the error I get with TGeant4:

Toggle Spoiler

and with TGeant3:

Toggle Spoiler

No idea on what is going wrong.
Re: New Solenoid geometry [message #7486 is a reply to message #7485] Sun, 02 November 2008 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

I still can not reproduce this!! at least on MAC! I also make the full geometry check for overlaps, extrusions (with 0.001) and the geantino transport, all seems ok!

So I have to repeat this on Linux, but this I can only do after ACAT.

regards

Mohammad
Re: New Solenoid geometry [message #7487 is a reply to message #7486] Sun, 02 November 2008 14:21 Go to previous message
first-grade participant

I have tried at lxi007 without any problems.
I have tried again on the Gießen cluster, deleting the whole pandaroot and build and restarting from scratch, and I had again the same problem...

Could somebody test this new root file on his own system, in order to understand if it works for him or not?
Thanks
Previous Topic: PndFlatParticleGenerator
Next Topic: Configuration files outside gconfig directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:24:51 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00978 seconds