GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Updated version of CbmGeanePro
Updated version of CbmGeanePro [message #6805] Fri, 30 May 2008 17:44 Go to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi!
We just uploaded to the svn repository an updated version of CbmGeanePro, where two bugs have been fixed:

1) in the case of propagation to the point of closest approach to a space point now we set: vwi = point (vwi = space point itself). Previously the vwi was not filled and so when calculating one of the two axes to define the virtual detector plane with:
// find plane
// unitary vector along distance
// vpf on track, vwi on wire

TVector3 fromwiretoextr = vpf - vwi;
fromwiretoextr.SetMag(1.);

the result was not correct. Now the first axis is the line where both the space point and the point of closest approach to it lie.

2) In the case when only two steps are performed during the PCA finding the procedure used to give a wrong result, because the FindPCA didn' t take this case into account properly. Now this bug has been fixed and the function works fine.

In case of problems using this new CbmGeanePro please let us know!

Regards,
Lia and Susanna.

Re: Updated version of CbmGeanePro [message #6840 is a reply to message #6805] Wed, 04 June 2008 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Neubert is currently offline  Sebastian Neubert
first-grade participant

Hi!

Do I understand it correctly, that you choose the coordinate system such, that the line connecting the pca and the hit coincides with the x-axis of the plane?

Cheers! Sebastian.

Sebastian Neubert
Technische Universität München
Department Physik E18
sneubert@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
tel: +49-8928912592
Re: Updated version of CbmGeanePro [message #6841 is a reply to message #6840] Thu, 05 June 2008 10:10 Go to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Sebastian,
the x-axis joins the hit to the pca, actually it goes from the hit to the pca.

I changed this because I saw that in the Propagate(CbmTrackParP *TStart, CbmTrackParP *TEnd, Int_t PDG) you added the "support for poca with points", i.e.:

if(fPCA==1){// point
TVector3 mom(TStart->GetPx(),TStart->GetPy(),TStart->GetPz());
wiredirection=mom.Cross(fromwiretoextr);
}

so I thought you wanted to make your plane perpendicular to the track direction, is this correct?

Previously the vwi was set to (0,0,0) in the case of pca = 1 and so the fromwiretoextr axis (x-axis of the plane) was from (0,0,0) to the pca...

I hope this is ok...

Ciao,
Lia.
Previous Topic: Problems with GEANE and trackbase
Next Topic: Revised genfit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:15:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00907 seconds