GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Event Generators » DPM generator. Question about mothers and daughters
icon5.gif  DPM generator. Question about mothers and daughters [message #5830] Thu, 07 February 2008 13:05 Go to next message
Dmitry Morozov is currently offline  Dmitry Morozov
continuous participant
Dear DPM experts!

I would like to have some sample of inelastic events generated by DPM. The goal is to look on kinematics of several processes.
During the simulation I noticed that some decays are forbidden (pi^0, Lambda etc). Yes, it could be decayed later in geant, but i don't need it for now. In principle I can allow decays in init.f file. The problem is then I look in the file generated, by root Browser or by macro, there is no info about mother particles or daughter particles of given one. All I can see is zero...

Is there a way to access this information? Or I do something stupid? Smile

Thank you.
Dmitry.
Re: DPM generator. Question about mothers and daughters [message #5891 is a reply to message #5830] Sun, 17 February 2008 22:37 Go to previous message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear Dmitry,

I am not an DPM expert. Nevertheless, I am dealing with the same problem. Indeed, you can set in init.f pi^0 etc to ISTAB "2", which enforces the particles to decay. I do see the corresponding daughter particles in the output root file. For instance, for pi^0 (111), I find back two particles with ID 22 (photons). The information about the mother particle is lost, as far as I can judge.

The real expert are Aida Galoyan and Vladimir Uzhinsky. Maybe you can try to send them an email (please CC their answer to this forum as well): galoyan@lxpub01.jinr.ru and uzhinsky@jinr.ru

Kind wishes,

Johan.

Johan Messchendorp
University of Groningen/KVI
Zernikelaan 25
NL-9747 AA Groningen
The Netherlands
tel. +31-503633558
fax +31-503634003
Previous Topic: Xi-Xi_bar production in UrQMD_SMM
Next Topic: update Pluto on the web...
Goto Forum: