GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » Event display discussion 20th December 10:00-12:00
Event display discussion 20th December 10:00-12:00 [message #5554] Wed, 05 December 2007 01:43 Go to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear PandaRooters,

As announced recently, we are considering to have a video meeting between the Panda and CBM collaboration on a somewhat regular basis. During our last PandaRoot meeting, it became evident that most of us stated that if we introduce such a meeting, it should be really with a well-defined topic with a common denominator benefitial for the CBM AND PANDA computing activities (to avoid yet another extra meeting). I discussed these wishes with Volker Friese from CBM and he certainly sees this point. Having this in mind, we would like to setup a first meeting on Thursday the 20th of December 10-12 (EVO) with as topic "event displays" in CBMroot. On the agenda, there will be two presentations by students from the CBM collaboration who both have already started working on an event display, one on the basis of ROOT, the other using Qt4. I am sure that these activities are of interest for the Panda'ers as well. More detailed information for the meeting will follow soon,

Johan.

Johan Messchendorp
University of Groningen/KVI
Zernikelaan 25
NL-9747 AA Groningen
The Netherlands
tel. +31-503633558
fax +31-503634003
Re: Event display discussion 20th December 10:00-12:00 [message #5555 is a reply to message #5554] Wed, 05 December 2007 10:47 Go to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hallo,

Maybe we should find another topic to discuss, for me personly I have seen the work of these students already and I think they have done a good job, but unfortunately they reinvent the wheel! what I mean is simply look at the last release notes of ROOT http://root.cern.ch/root/Version517.news.html and tell me if anybody would like to reinvent all this stuff, which was developed over years in ALICE by an expert (Matevz Tadel ) who knows very well how to work with graphics! I started already to use this for panda the geometry is already done and I will make the interface for tracks, hits, digits, clusters and so on. In fact these structures exist already in the new event display of ROOT we have only to fill them with information from our output files.

index.php?t=getfile&id=4007&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=4008&private=0

So I think you can imagine if you do this your self what does it mean in terms of maintenance and implimenting functionality. In CBM they already started doing this job on there own and now the question are you going to do the same? or is there a need to discuss about Qt4.

• Attachment: panda3.png
    (Size: 54.95KB, Downloaded 620 times)
  • Attachment: panda4.png
    (Size: 91.99KB, Downloaded 581 times)
Previous Topic: Minutes of PandaRoot EVO Meeting 28.11.2007
Next Topic: Collaboration meeting in December
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:57:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00731 seconds