GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » Minutes PandaRoot Meeting 10/24/2007
icon1.gif  Minutes PandaRoot Meeting 10/24/2007 [message #5338] Tue, 30 October 2007 15:54 Go to next message
Jens Sören Lange is currently offline  Jens Sören Lange
first-grade participant
Dear all,

here are the minutes of last weeks PandaRoot EVO meeting.

I know that usually there are no minutes anymore (maybe not necessary to write down everything), but I had the feeling that we discussed important things on the last meeting, so I thought it is maybe useful to write them down.

http://panda-wiki.gsi.de/cgi-bin/view/Computing/Minutes24October2007

Note: I also embedded some more information which came in addition after the meeting.

Please take a look!

Note: this is the Wiki, so it you think that something is not correct, _you_ are able change it! (or please just let me know).

cheers, Soeren
Re: Minutes PandaRoot Meeting 10/24/2007 [message #5339 is a reply to message #5338] Tue, 30 October 2007 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear Soeren,

I have two comments on your minutes (by the way I think minutes are important for a meeting!):

1) You listed all the "reco hits" and for the Mvd you have written MvdRecoHit. We have to be very careful here not to mix up things because the MvdRecoHit is not the outcome of the hit reconstruction but the input in the tracking and therefore MvdRecoHit is derived from AbsRecoHit. The correct class is the MvdHit which is derived from CbmHit.

2) You wrote that (almost) all these classes have a TVector3 for the hit information and therefore we could get rid of the CbmHit dependency and just use the TVector3 with a fixed nomenclatur.

I do not think that this is a good idea. Wherever you have common concepts within different subdetectors one should use common base classes and derive from them. This is one of the fundamental concepts of object oriented programming.
For example I have written a simple Event Display which takes a CbmHit* as an input. If you derive your hit class from CbmHit you can immediately use the Event Display without changing a single line of code. This does not work if you have your independent classes.

Ciao,

Tobias
Re: Minutes PandaRoot Meeting 10/24/2007 [message #5340 is a reply to message #5338] Tue, 30 October 2007 20:21 Go to previous message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear Soeren and others,

I added a couple of points to the minutes which I found in my notes, namely:

* link to Mohammad's report about the external packages
* some comments which were made about TMVA
* changed the "workshop at GSI" to "workshop at KVI" Wink

Kind wishes,

Johan.

Johan Messchendorp
University of Groningen/KVI
Zernikelaan 25