GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Bug in Tpc (rev. 1070)
Bug in Tpc (rev. 1070) [message #4611] Wed, 04 July 2007 08:23 Go to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Bug in rev. 1070:

[ 52%] Building CXX object tpc/CMakeFiles/tpc.dir/TpcSpaceChargeTask.o
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcSpaceChargeTask.cxx: In member function ‘virtual void TpcSpaceChargeTask::Exec(const Option_t*)’:
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcSpaceChargeTask.cxx:127: warning: converting to ‘int’ from ‘double’
[ 52%] Building CXX object tpc/CMakeFiles/tpc.dir/TpcAbsField.o
[ 52%] Building CXX object tpc/CMakeFiles/tpc.dir/TpcFieldCylGrid.o
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx: In member function ‘virtual void TpcFieldCylGrid<type>::print(std::ostream&) const’:
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:87: error: there are no arguments to ‘nominal’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘nominal’ must be available
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:87: error: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:88: error: there are no arguments to ‘scale’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘scale’ must be available
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx: In member function ‘virtual bool TpcFieldCylGrid<type>::pointOk(const TVector3&) const’:
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:119: error: ‘_relPosition’ was not declared in this scope
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx: In member function ‘type TpcFieldCylGrid<type>::evalValue(const TVector3&) const’:
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:177: error: there are no arguments to ‘nominal’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘nominal’ must be available
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:180: error: ‘_relPosition’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [tpc/CMakeFiles/tpc.dir/TpcFieldCylGrid.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [tpc/CMakeFiles/tpc.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm aware that the Tpc package is under a heavy development. It's just to give you guys a report.

Greetings from Dubna,

Ralf.

Edit:
Now I see it's an issue of different compilers & flags.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 July 2007 08:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug in Tpc (rev. 1070) [message #4612 is a reply to message #4611] Wed, 04 July 2007 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

same problem at KVI machines....

Johan.

Johan Messchendorp
University of Groningen/KVI
Zernikelaan 25
NL-9747 AA Groningen
The Netherlands
tel. +31-503633558
fax +31-503634003
Re: Bug in Tpc (rev. 1070) [message #4613 is a reply to message #4612] Wed, 04 July 2007 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

No problem at GSI,
so I suppose it depends on gcc 3.4 and up...
Re: Bug in Tpc (rev. 1070) [message #4614 is a reply to message #4613] Wed, 04 July 2007 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Neubert is currently offline  Sebastian Neubert
first-grade participant

Hi!

Felix will look into this.

Sebastian.

Sebastian Neubert
Technische Universität München
Department Physik E18
sneubert@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
tel: +49-8928912592
icon2.gif  Re: Bug in Tpc (rev. 1070) [message #4615 is a reply to message #4611] Wed, 04 July 2007 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Hi,

sorry for the inconvenience. I have made some minor changes to the field classes, but I have to say that one of the errors is a bit of a mystery to me. I have no possibility to test if it is "fixed" now, since there have never been any errors or warnings with my gcc version. Please give me feedback.

Thanks

Felix
Re: Bug in Tpc (rev. 1070) [message #4617 is a reply to message #4615] Wed, 04 July 2007 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
here you are some feedback Smile

Compilation in Gießen:

[ 52%] Building CXX object tpc/CMakeFiles/tpc.dir/TpcSpaceChargeTask.o
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcSpaceChargeTask.cxx: In member function 'virtual void TpcSpaceChargeTask::Exec(const Option_t*)':
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcSpaceChargeTask.cxx:127: warning: converting to 'int' from 'double'
[ 52%] Building CXX object tpc/CMakeFiles/tpc.dir/TpcAbsField.o
[ 52%] Building CXX object tpc/CMakeFiles/tpc.dir/TpcFieldCylGrid.o
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx: In constructor 'TpcFieldCylGrid<t>::TpcFieldCylGrid(const t&, double, double, double, double, const TVector3&, std::vector<std::vector<t*, std::allocator<t*> >*, std::allocator<std::vector<t*, std::allocator<t*> >*> >*)':
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:40: error: '_relPosition' was not declared in this scope
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx: In member function 'virtual void TpcFieldCylGrid<t>::print(std::ostream&) const':
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:88: error: there are no arguments to 'nominal' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'nominal' must be available
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:88: error: (if you use '-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:89: error: there are no arguments to 'scale' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'scale' must be available
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx: In member function 'virtual bool TpcFieldCylGrid<t>::pointOk(const TVector3&) const':
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:120: error: '_relPosition' was not declared in this scope
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx: In member function 't TpcFieldCylGrid<t>::evalValue(const TVector3&) const':
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:178: error: there are no arguments to 'nominal' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'nominal' must be available
/home/spataro/pandaroot/tpc/TpcFieldCylGrid.cxx:181: error: '_relPosition' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [tpc/CMakeFiles/tpc.dir/TpcFieldCylGrid.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [tpc/CMakeFiles/tpc.dir/all] Error 2
icon9.gif  Re: Bug in Tpc (rev. 1070) [message #4618 is a reply to message #4617] Wed, 04 July 2007 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Hi again,

I have looked into it and modified the classes again. The now compile flawlessly on the university machines with older gcc and on my home computer with gcc 4.1.2.

Please try the updated versions I have just submitted and inform me if there are any problems remaining.

Sorry for the trouble!

Felix
Re: Bug in Tpc (rev. 1070) [message #4619 is a reply to message #4618] Thu, 05 July 2007 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi.
I downloaded the new code and it compiles both at GSI and in Gießen, so I suppose now it is OK (or at least for the machines I use).
Thanks
Re: Bug in Tpc (rev. 1070) [message #4625 is a reply to message #4611] Fri, 06 July 2007 08:53 Go to previous message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi Felix,

Now the tpc compiles without errors on suse 10.2.
Ciao, Ralf.
Previous Topic: TpcRecoTester segmentation when built with cmake
Next Topic: unknown particle 10010020
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 05:45:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01046 seconds