Home » Scientific Computing » GO4 » New Go4 Version 3.0
| New Go4 Version 3.0 [message #2494]
||Tue, 15 November 2005 10:58
Registered: June 2004
Location: GSI, Darmstadt
Dear Go4 users,|
the new Go4 version 3.00-0 (build 30000) is available now!
The complete Go4 framework v3.00 is downloadable as tarball
at the Go4 website http://go4.gsi.de.
Additionally, there is a consolidation release v2.10-5
with minor bugfixes.
At gsi linux, version 3.0 installation
is now selected after the standard ". go4login",
or ". go4login pro".
Note that ". go4login new" will select version v3.00-0 extracted
from developer repository, i.e. with future bugfixes.
Go4 versions available by ". go4login xxx" have changed as follows:
"new": previously v2.10-0, now v3.00-0 repository
(ROOT 5.02/00, Qt 3.3.3.)
"pro": previously v2.10-0, now v3.00-0 release
(ROOT 5.02/00, Qt 3.3.3.)
"old": previously v2.9-0, now v2.10-0 old repository
(ROOT 4.04/02, Qt 3.3.3.)
"210-05": v2.10-05, last consolidation release for version 2
All versions can still be selected by version number,
e.g. ". go4login 209-00".
Please see ". go4login -h" for complete list of available versions.
New features in Go4 v3.00.0:
1. Redesign of the GUI with new internal object manager. Decoupling of controlling functionality from the Qt graphics layer. Effects many of the following features.
2. New Go4 browser. Instead of several tabs for remote analysis, local memory, monitoring list, now one browser with subbranches for different data sources, such as remote analysis, histogram servers, root files, is used. Supports local memory workspace folder with copy and paste by drag and drop, clipboard, and renaming. All controls available via rightmouse button context menu. Switchable columns for object properties. Filter for monitored, fetched, and all objects.
3. New viewpanel. Improved marker editor with lightweight condition editor. Additional options to display date and time of refresh, and full object path. Can display same object with different draw styles and ranges simultaneuously. May store current setup as Go4 picture.
4. New condition editor: More compact layout, shares functionality with viewpanel marker editor.
5. Improved parameter editor: May display user parameter structure without loading the user analysis library into the GUI. Suppresses display of unknown components.
6. New dynamic list editor: More compact layout. Automatic resolving of event name and data member name when dragging and dropping from analysis event structure, in case of pointer entry. Dito for tree name and draw expression in case of tree entry.
7. New dockwindow for analysis terminal. If analysis is started in external shell, functionality of analysis output window (macro execution, etc.) shrinks to dockwindow.
8. Improved dialogs for analysis startup and connection.
9. Decoupling of libraries from GUI. GUI does not require all analysis libraries anymore due to changes in command pattern and dependency rearrangements. Will speed up GUI startup time and may reduce memory consumption.
10. Status monitor for remote MBS node. New dockwindow offering
connection to the mbs status port. Frequently update of daq rates and status possible. Trending histograms in browser workspace. Full printout of mbs status and setup structures possible.
11. Go4 analysis status bar improved. Animated Go4 logo shows true running state of analysis, independent of current event rate. Current event source of first active step displayed per name in text field.
12. Remote control of Go4 analysis from regular ROOT session.
Command interface to connect and control analysis process from CINT. Inspecting and retrieving Go4 objects with extended root TBrowser possible.
13. Optional release package for MsWindowsXP (without Qt graphics). Required minor modifications in Go4 threadmanager for correct canceling of win threads.
Please use the go4 mailing list GO4@gsi.de ,
or the Go4 forum at http://forum.gsi.de (Scientific Computing)
for any questions, requests, and discussion.
Contact us in case of trouble; any bug reports are welcome!
the Go4 developer team
Current Time: Mon May 23 19:12:56 CEST 2022
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00888 seconds