GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Event Generators » full panda simulation with FTF
full panda simulation with FTF [message #22041] Thu, 11 January 2018 16:17 Go to next message
Karoly Makonyi
occasional visitor
Hello,

1, I want to use the FTF generator with the 'tut_sim.C' script in the tutorial/rho directory.
Doing that I set the 'inputGenerator' parameter to "ftf".
I receive the following error message:
----
/cvmfs/fairroot.gsi.de/fairsoft/oct17_root6/bin/root.exe: symbol lookup error: /lustre/nyx/panda/kmakonyi/PandaRoot/pandaroot_041117-src/built/lib/libM aster.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol: _ZN12PndFtfDirectC1EPKcS1_iS1_dib
----

2, I want to use the FTF generator to do a full detector simulation (based on the tutorias/rho/tut_sim.C script) to simulate prototn-antiproton _and_ proton-proton events.
How to pass the necessary 'mac' file to the generator?
(my first guess is that the
fRun->UseFtfGenerator("/lustre/nyx/panda/kmakonyi/WORK/DecChan/PbarA.mac ");
line will do this for me ... Can you confirm that?)
Re: full panda simulation with FTF [message #22048 is a reply to message #22041] Fri, 12 January 2018 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hello Karoly,

There is still an issue with FTF and GEANT4. Please use FTF as standalone generator. You'll find the executable in your build/bin folder. Name the output in the form of ftf*.root. Then you can use this file as the value for inputGenerator="ftf....root". It should then be read by the simulation.

Cheers!
Ralf
Re: full panda simulation with FTF [message #22070 is a reply to message #22048] Wed, 17 January 2018 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karoly Makonyi
occasional visitor
Thank You Ralf!

An other question: is there any way (not the TFT) to generate proton-proton bckg events?

Regards,
Karoly
Re: full panda simulation with FTF [message #22075 is a reply to message #22070] Wed, 17 January 2018 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Using DPM (which si fully compatible w/o producing an additional file).

[Updated on: Wed, 17 January 2018 10:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: full panda simulation with FTF [message #22078 is a reply to message #22041] Wed, 17 January 2018 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Yes, DpmDirect is working out of the box.
A fix for FTF is on the way to GIT, soon.
Re: full panda simulation with FTF [message #22081 is a reply to message #22078] Wed, 17 January 2018 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karoly Makonyi
occasional visitor
Thank You guys,

What I have to modify on the Dpm/DpmDirec in order to simulate proton-proton (and not proton-antiproton) events?

Thanx in advance,
Karoly
Re: full panda simulation with FTF [message #22083 is a reply to message #22081] Wed, 17 January 2018 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Sorry, I did not catch that you are interested in proton-proton, and not antiproton-proton.
As far as I remember, DPM is only with antiproton beam. Maybe Pythia could do the job, but at low energies Pythia is not very realistic.
Re: full panda simulation with FTF [message #22086 is a reply to message #22083] Wed, 17 January 2018 10:48 Go to previous message
Karoly Makonyi
occasional visitor
Thanx Stefano,

So, it seems there is no other way only use the TFT ...

Best Regards,
Karoly
Previous Topic: DPM generator : Bug in DPM fortran code?
Next Topic: proton-proton generator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:15:39 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00691 seconds