GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Monte Carlo Engines » Geant energy loss zero
Geant energy loss zero [message #21485] Mon, 18 September 2017 17:36 Go to next message
Stefan Pflueger is currently offline  Stefan Pflueger
continuous participant
Hi,

I'm currently trying to get our LMD simulation macro to work with the new Pandaroot/Fairroot code and I found a few issues. I added a line in the Register function of PndSdsDetector because no MCHits were generated by GEANT4... This seems to solve the issue. However the energy loss is 0, hence the hits are not written to file or when force written the digitization fails. Afaik the MVD code also uses the SDS classes. Do the new simulations work for you? My second question would be, why is the energy loss zero? Maybe some weird cut or some bad Geant4 setting?

Stefan

void PndSdsDetector::Register()
{
	fPndSdsCollection = FairRootManager::Instance()->GetTClonesArray(fOutBranchName);
	if (! fPndSdsCollection){
		  std::cout << "-W- PndSdsDetector: New branch " << fOutBranchName << " created!" << std::endl;
		  FairRootManager::Instance()->Register(fOutBranchName, "PndSdsMCPoint", fFolderName, kTRUE);
		  [b]fPndSdsCollection = FairRootManager::Instance()->GetTClonesArray(fOutBranchName);[/b]
	}
  //FairRootManager::Instance()->Register(fOutBranchName, fFolderName, fPndSdsCollection, fPersistance);
}

Re: Geant energy loss zero [message #21506 is a reply to message #21485] Fri, 22 September 2017 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Ahoi Stefan!

What "new" versions of FairSoft, FairRoot and PandaRoot do you currently use? Please also point me to the macros you use.

Cheers!
Ralf
Re: Geant energy loss zero [message #21515 is a reply to message #21506] Mon, 25 September 2017 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Ralf!

I´m using the FairSoft mar16p1 with root6, FairSoft 17.03, and the Pandaroot trunk. There I try to run the macro ¨macro/lmd/runLumiPixel0SimDPM.C¨. That macro is a bit special and needs an raw event data input file to run. So if you want to let the macro run and see the output, maybe just try running the runLumiPixel0SimBox.C macro. That one runs without the event input file. I have not executed that SimBox script, but it should also not work and just have an empty output root file (due to the zero energy loss).

Cheers,
Stefan
Re: Geant energy loss zero [message #21568 is a reply to message #21485] Thu, 28 September 2017 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi Stefan,

I tried now with the version you state and have no issues getting some charge information on the LMD Points and hits. Even without your change to SdsDetector.

I was running in macro/lmd:
root -l -b -q runLumiPixel0SimBox.C
root -l -b -q runLumiPixel1Digi.C
root -l -b -q runLumiPixel2Reco.C

Ralf
Re: Geant energy loss zero [message #21570 is a reply to message #21568] Thu, 28 September 2017 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Ralf,

ok strange... I will also run that SimBox macro on my machine and compare the SimBox macro with the DPM one to see what is different. Thx for your help

Cheers,
Stefan
Re: Geant energy loss zero [message #21687 is a reply to message #21568] Thu, 02 November 2017 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Ralf,

ok I finally had time to run the SimBox macro and investigate. I cant even run the SimBox macro, because one geometry_filename argument was missing. After fixing that I get the same problems that the energy loss is zero... Obviously we are not running the same system. Are you sure you have the up to date version of the pandaroot trunk?

Cheers,
Stefan
Re: Geant energy loss zero [message #21690 is a reply to message #21485] Thu, 02 November 2017 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi Stefan,

How about you try to run on the GSI machines at lx-pool.gsi.de?

Cheers!
Ralf
Re: Geant energy loss zero [message #21691 is a reply to message #21690] Thu, 02 November 2017 14:34 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Hi Ralf,

just tried that with the same result...

Stefan
Previous Topic: Unexpected particles in Event Display window.
Next Topic: Initialization Error of Geane using Geant3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:44:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00601 seconds