GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Problems installing FairSoft (Problems installing FairSoft)
Problems installing FairSoft [message #20092] Wed, 21 December 2016 04:43 Go to next message
P.N. Deepak is currently offline  P.N. Deepak
occasional visitor
Hello! I seem to have installed FairSoft on my Ubuntu, because I get the message, "root compiled successfully".  But then, I get the error, "Downloading zeromq resources... unpacking zeromq-3.2.4.tar.gz... --E-- cannot unpack package zeromq". I went ahead and set the SIMPATH. To check the installation, I typed "root" at the terminal, when I get the message, "The program 'root' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing: sudo apt install root-system-bin". I do see a binary, "root" in the directory ~/buildFairSoft/bin. I have gcc 4.9.4 and I am trying to install Root 5. As I am a novice as far as Linux is concerned, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Problems installing FairSoft [message #20096 is a reply to message #20092] Wed, 21 December 2016 08:42 Go to previous message
Dmytro Kresan is currently offline  Dmytro Kresan
first-grade participant
Hello,
Try to execute the following command:
wget https://archive.org/download/zeromq_4.1.3/zeromq-4.1.3.tar.gz

In case the download fails, most probably you are behind a firewall. In this case, before installing FairSoft, execute:
export HTTP_PROXY=proxyname:port
export HTTPS_PROXY=proxyname:port

where proxy name and port are specific to your network configuration.

SIMPATH is required for FairRoot installation, during which a config.sh script will be generated. This config.sh script will set up the environment.

If you want to use only ROOT, you need following:
source ~/buildFairSoft/bin/thisroot.sh

Best regards,
Dima
Previous Topic: error pointer being freed was not allocated
Next Topic: How to reconfigure and rerun a FairRunAna instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:04:04 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01046 seconds