GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] Compilation "error" in pid/rich (Root complains about undefined symbol in library)
[FIXED] Compilation "error" in pid/rich [message #19237] Wed, 20 April 2016 16:17 Go to next message
Marcel Tiemens is currently offline  Marcel Tiemens
continuous participant
First of all, PandaRoot compiles without given any errors, but I get a problem when trying to run the pid macro. ROOT complains that some automatically generated library symbol is not defined:
/.../root.exe: symbol lookup error: /.../pandaroot/buildPanda/lib/libPid.so: undefined symbol: _ZN17PndRichResolutionC1Ev
Previous errors of this kind where due to missing entries in the CMakeLists or LinkDef files, but I checked and PndRichResolution is there. I already tried svn update to see if I happened to get a wrong release, but apparently I already have the latest version from the trunk. Any idea what could be causing this?

On a sidenote: Looking at the PndRichResolution source code, I don't understand why this task exists in the first place. It's sole purpose is to set two numbers, and there aren't even any modifiers for them. Why isn't this being set in a par file? That will safe a lot of compilation pain, as then you don't have to include this silly task everywhere. Also, if you would want to update these numbers, in the current implementation, you would have to edit that file in the PandaRoot source code, and recompile. Very cumbersome, if you ask me.

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04, ROOT 5.34, FAIRROOT 15.11, PANDAROOT 29019, external packages mar15.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2016 11:31] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Compilation "error" in pid/rich [message #19238 is a reply to message #19237] Thu, 21 April 2016 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Your error does not appear on Ubuntu 14.10 neither in my Mac, then I am not sure if the applied fix works.
Could you please update your pid folder, compile again and tell me if the error has disappeared?

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2016 11:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Compilation "error" in pid/rich [message #19239 is a reply to message #19238] Thu, 21 April 2016 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Wow, I did an svn update before and it didn't fix it. But now it updated the pid CMakeList, and it works again. Strange.
Re: Compilation "error" in pid/rich [message #19240 is a reply to message #19239] Thu, 21 April 2016 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The commit took 5 minutes, I don'k know why, and I wrote the message during the commit time. This is the reason.
Re: Compilation "error" in pid/rich [message #19241 is a reply to message #19240] Thu, 21 April 2016 11:33 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Okay, thanks!
Previous Topic: [NOTSUPPORTED] Eternal package compilation error OSX 10.11.4
Next Topic: Geometry Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:37:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00969 seconds