GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] External package installation problem (Boost creation failed)
[FIXED] External package installation problem [message #19066] Thu, 25 February 2016 06:47 Go to next message
Dave is currently offline  Dave
continuous participant
Hi, I have the following problem regarding the installation of external packages. It would be great to receive any kind of help and suggestions.

*** Package gtest is OK ***
*** Package gsl is OK ***
*** Compiling Boost ................
The patch boost_glibc.patch is already applied.
Building Boost.Build engine with toolset gcc...
Failed to build Boost.Build build engine
Consult 'bootstrap.log' for more details
scripts/install_boost.sh: line 67: ./b2: No such file or directory
**** Checking libraries in /home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/lib ****
*** ERROR: Boost could not be created.
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

Thanks and regards...
Debdeep

[Updated on: Thu, 25 February 2016 15:11] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: External package installation problem [message #19067 is a reply to message #19066] Thu, 25 February 2016 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Debdeep,

the problem is that with the given information it is not possible to draw any conclusion.

Quote:

Building Boost.Build engine with toolset gcc...
Failed to build Boost.Build build engine
Consult 'bootstrap.log' for more details

Could you please attach the file bootstrap.log which should be in the directory basics/boost.

Ciao

Florian

Re: External package installation problem [message #19068 is a reply to message #19066] Thu, 25 February 2016 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Are you sure the boost package was properly downloaded? Sometimes you can have a broken connection. In any case, this is not the original error log but the one after trying to reinstall it. If you install FairSoft from scratch you could see the original error.
Re: External package installation problem [message #19069 is a reply to message #19067] Thu, 25 February 2016 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi, here I attach both the bootstrap.sh file and regarding the installation the boost.sh file.
thanks and regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19070 is a reply to message #19068] Thu, 25 February 2016 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi stefano,
I have to check that though I don't think there was a connection issue, because I tried to reinstall the packages and it gave the same error.
thanks and regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19071 is a reply to message #19069] Thu, 25 February 2016 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

I don't need the shell script. I need the log file bootstrap.log.
Re: External package installation problem [message #19072 is a reply to message #19070] Thu, 25 February 2016 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Again, can you reinstall from scratch and copy the error log?
Re: External package installation problem [message #19073 is a reply to message #19071] Thu, 25 February 2016 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Florian,
yes, sorry for my mistake.
here is the log file.
thanks and regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19074 is a reply to message #19073] Thu, 25 February 2016 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

the only thing the log tells you

Quote:

/bootstrap.sh: 218: cd: can't cd to ./tools/build/v2/engine

I think something went wrong either with the download of the boost tar file or with the unpacking such that the required software is not present when you try to use it. I would propose to start from scratch with a new checkout of fairsoft and see if it works the second time.
Re: External package installation problem [message #19075 is a reply to message #19074] Thu, 25 February 2016 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hello,
I tried to reinstall from the scratch, that previous issue is gone. Thanks again. But, now I have the following problem:

curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
the -k (or --insecure) option.
*** Unpacking xerces-c-3.1.2.tar.gz ..............
--E-- Cannot unpack package xercesc

thanks and regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19076 is a reply to message #19075] Thu, 25 February 2016 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
We see the same probelm with the certificates in Jülich.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: External package installation problem [message #19077 is a reply to message #19076] Thu, 25 February 2016 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
ah okay. So, any suggestion to solve it or not yet?
thanks and regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19078 is a reply to message #19077] Thu, 25 February 2016 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
The error is due to another problem since the xerces-c package isn't present at location any longer. This has to be fixed in the fairsoft package.

But this package is only needed when you install fairsoft with the python bindings which is something not needed for any of the fair experiments.

So please choose not to install the python binding for the time being.

What about your boost problem??

Re: External package installation problem [message #19079 is a reply to message #19078] Thu, 25 February 2016 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
The problem with the xerces-c package was fixed in all relevant branches and tagged versions of fairsoft.

Re: External package installation problem [message #19080 is a reply to message #19079] Thu, 25 February 2016 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Florian,
All right I will now try installing without the python binding. As I told you earlier the boost problem has gone during the re-installation.
thanks and regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19081 is a reply to message #19080] Thu, 25 February 2016 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi again,
what about this error?

CMake Error: The source directory "/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/transport/geant4" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4/d ata/G4ABLA': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4/d ata/G4EMLOW': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4/d ata/G4ENSDFSTATE': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4/d ata/G4NDL': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4/d ata/G4NEUTRONXS': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4/d ata/G4PII': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4/d ata/G4SAIDDATA': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4/d ata/PhotonEvaporation': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4/d ata/RadioactiveDecay': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4/d ata/RealSurface': No such file or directory
scripts/install_geant4.sh: line 137: /home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/share/Geant4-10 .0.2/geant4make/geant4make.sh: No such file or directory
*** ERROR: geant4 could not be created.
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

I checked three times and I didn't do any mistake following the wiki guide.
thanks and regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19082 is a reply to message #19081] Thu, 25 February 2016 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
It looks like that the Geant4 wasn't downloaded properly. At least the installation script doesn't find the needed input.
Could you check the content of the directory
Quote:

/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/transport/geant4"
Re: External package installation problem [message #19083 is a reply to message #19082] Thu, 25 February 2016 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
I am re-installing again from the scratch with another stable connection just to see any difference from the previous one. I will inform you about any further progress till this point.
thanks and regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19084 is a reply to message #19081] Thu, 25 February 2016 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

It seems to me that you have a slow connection and that the download of one of the packages run in timeout (most probably G4ABLA). This happens often with VM. Maybe you should try to download the packages and try the "directory" method, if the problem persists.
Re: External package installation problem [message #19095 is a reply to message #19084] Mon, 29 February 2016 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Florian and Stefano,
With a more stable and faster connection during the reinstallation I have overcome those previous problems. I have completed all the Fairsoft, Fairroot and Pandaroot parts. But at the very end as a last step as recommended in the guide I tried to check whether the PandaRoot installation went fine or not. For that after launching config.sh I ran the macro sim_complete.C inside root, but it crashes. The console gives some error message, like:

[ERROR ] init() PndEmcGeoPar not initialized
Error in <FairRuntimeDb::initContainers()>: Error occured during initialization
Error: Symbol TGeant3TGeo is not defined in current scope /home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/pandaroot/gconfig/g3Config.C: 12:
Error: type TGeant3TGeo not defined FILE:/home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/pandaroot/gconfig/g3Conf ig.C LINE:12
*** Interpreter error recovered ***
Error: illegal pointer to class object gMC 0x0 2736 /home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/pandaroot/gconfig/SetCuts.C:2 3:
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

*** Break *** segmentation violation

===========================================================
There was a crash (#6 0xb719ef6b in SigHandler(ESignals) () from /home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/lib/root/libCor e.so.5.34).

Can anyone please have any idea or suggestion how to fix this issue?
AS I encountered the problem previously even, I checked find $SIMPATH -name libgeant321*, which shows: /home/debdeep/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairSoft/lib/libgeant321 .so

My output of configure.sh is:

System during compilation: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
i686
System now : Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
i686

thanks and regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19096 is a reply to message #19095] Mon, 29 February 2016 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
I have seen this many times, each time there are problems in the geant3 installation. Maybe you could try to clean the transport/geant3 folder and configure again. I did the installation on a 14.04.2 two weeks ago without problems, then it is not a problem of the OS.
Re: External package installation problem [message #19098 is a reply to message #19096] Mon, 29 February 2016 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi,
Thanks. So, You meant to delete the geant3 folder and re-install the Fairsoft, fairroot and Pandaroot again? Is that correct? or Pandaroot has nothing to do with it?
regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19099 is a reply to message #19098] Mon, 29 February 2016 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

In theory it could be enough to install only FairSoft geant3, the other things should be linked.
Re: External package installation problem [message #19100 is a reply to message #19099] Mon, 29 February 2016 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
all right. Thanks. I will let you know.
Re: External package installation problem [message #19102 is a reply to message #19100] Mon, 29 February 2016 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Stefano,
It still gives the same result, i.e the crash! I launched configure.sh after deleting the geant3 folder and followed by the trial of the running of the macro sim_complete.C. Sad
Here is the contained files inside geant3 folder and Tgeant3 subfolderfolder:

debdeep@debdeep-HP-630-Notebook-PC:~/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/transp ort/geant3$ ls
added comad erpremc gbase gdraw gheisha giface gphys guser matx55 neutron README_geane
block data examples gcalor_vmc.diff geant321 ghits giopa gscan gxint miface peanut README_geane_more
cdf doc fiface gcinit.F geocad ghrout gkine gstrag gxuser miguti README TGeant3
cgpack erdecks fluka gcons ggeom ghutils gparal gtrak Makefile minicern README_gcalor version_number
debdeep@debdeep-HP-630-Notebook-PC:~/Desktop/Panda/fairsoft_mar15/transp ort/geant3$ ls TGeant3/
G3Material.cxx G3Medium.h G3Volume.cxx TCallf77.h TGeant3.cxx TGeant3gu.cxx TGeant3TGeo.cxx
G3Material.h G3Node.cxx G3Volume.h TG3Application.cxx TGeant3f77.cxx TGeant3gu.h TGeant3TGeo.h
G3Medium.cxx G3Node.h geant3LinkDef.h TG3Application.h TGeant3f77.h TGeant3.h

thanks and regards...
Re: External package installation problem [message #19103 is a reply to message #19102] Mon, 29 February 2016 17:10 Go to previous message
first-grade participant

I suggest to open a new entry at the FairRoot forum. Here the original post was for another error which was fixed.
Previous Topic: [FIXED] pandaroot install problem
Next Topic: compilation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:03:32 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01060 seconds