GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Hades » Pluto » differential cross section
differential cross section [message #17688] Fri, 19 December 2014 22:06 Go to next message
elder1 is currently offline  elder1
occasional visitor
Greetings,

I am new in Pluto and I have the following problem:
I am trying to simulate differential cross section distributions which are energy dependent.
I have deuteron as a beam and a proton target. As a reaction output I get p+p+n and in an experiment we measure the coincident protons and obtaine the (five-fold) differential cross sections for a given theta prot1, theta prot2 and their relative azimuthanl angle in function of energy. Which model should I use to simulate such distributions ?

Thank U very much f or help.
Re: differential cross section [message #17729 is a reply to message #17688] Mon, 12 January 2015 16:05 Go to previous message
Ingo Froehlich is currently offline  Ingo Froehlich
first-grade participant
Do you have a coherent breakup reaction, or a quasi-elastic scattering with a spectator?

For a coherent reaction, one can use PAngularDistribution (see http://web-docs.gsi.de/~hadeshyp/pluto/v5.42/examples/useAngularDistribu tion.C.html for a demo macro) to model the theta angle in the c.m. system relative to the beam momentum. The 2-dimensional version with TF2 gives the energy dependence (y is the total c.m. energy).

For the relative phi distribution, there is no flexible template at the moment existing, but it should be not much work to add one into Pluto

--
Ingo Froehlich
IKF - University of Frankfurt
069-798-47027, FAX: -47024
Previous Topic: eta prime dalitz
Next Topic: the simulation of ep to e delta(1910)+, delta(1910)+ to Sigma(1385)^0 K+
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:10:57 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00904 seconds