GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » Self calibration with OFFSET
Self calibration with OFFSET [message #17382] Wed, 08 October 2014 15:33 Go to next message
Damian Ralet
continuous participant
Hi Michael,

I tried to use the self_calibration with offset to improve my DSSD calibration. It turns out that it was not working so fine, and depending on the data run I was using, it was going through the full lmd file, or not.
I was using the last version of the prespec code (installation last week during the EGAN school), and the configuration I used is a copy from:
/u/mreese/work/EGANschool/EGANschool_S424_80KrFragmentation (Advised by Liliana).

Can it be due to the set of parameters that I gave in input (I useddifferent value, but did not manage to improve the things):
selfcalibration_with_offset 2000 0.25 4 0.05 400 -300 300

Thank you,
Damian
Re: Self calibration with OFFSET [message #17383 is a reply to message #17382] Wed, 08 October 2014 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miree is currently offline  miree
continuous participant
Hi Damian,

selfcalibration with offset is still an "experimental feature" ...
I recently introduced some openMP functions to make it run faster, but since this was causing problems on some systems where openMP was not available, I removed the offset calibration completely before the EGAN school to avoid additional problems.

If someone wants to use it, he/she has to remove the comments from the respective functions in the DSSSD.cpp (there are two functions that are completely commented). I think on GSI computers openMP is available.

But as I said, the current implementation is not extremely well tested. I have used it successfully already, and it indeed improves the quality of the gain matching (in particular for the lower energies), but it is not as reliable as the no-offset calibration yet. It can happen that the algorithm doesn't find the correct calibration values.
Re: Self calibration with OFFSET [message #17385 is a reply to message #17383] Thu, 09 October 2014 16:35 Go to previous message
Damian Ralet
continuous participant
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the additional information.
I will let the self calibration with offset apart at the moment.

Cheers,
Damian
Previous Topic: Possible improvement to dE statistics in DSSSDs?
Next Topic: PSA hit times from AGATA unpack crate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:50:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01944 seconds