GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » RICH and TOF geometry in simulation
RICH and TOF geometry in simulation [message #15770] Thu, 09 January 2014 23:03 Go to next message
Anastasia Karavdina is currently offline  Anastasia Karavdina
continuous participant

Dear all,
for some reason I need to visualize all sub-system available for simulation. I got it with event display and some toy MC data (after play with SetVisLevel()).

Despite the fact the PANDA Detector looks rather empty on such kind of picture compare to pictures from CAD, the RICH system looks particularly strange for me. From official page, RICH should look like this:
http://www-panda.gsi.de/framework/content/detector/img/panda_rich.jpg

From the event display I got attached picture, where aerogel and mirror structures are visible, but it seems there is nothing in between. Can some expert explain RICH geometry model used in simulation, please? Rolling Eyes

The next question is about TOF in Forward part. From some old pictures, it seems 2 TOF walls should be placed inside the Dipole region and one behind RICH.
After including FTOF via:

PndFtof *FTof = new PndFtof("FTOF",kFALSE);
FTof->SetGeometryFileName("ftofwall.root");
fRun->AddModule(FTof);

I got only one TOF wall, behind RICH. What's about walls inside Dipole? Are they missing, or not included for purpose?

Best regards,
Anastasia.

• Attachment: rich.png
    (Size: 48.05KB, Downloaded 293 times)
Re: RICH and TOF geometry in simulation [message #15771 is a reply to message #15770] Fri, 10 January 2014 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asanchez is currently offline  asanchez
first-grade participant
Dear Anastasia,
As far as I know,
the tof side detector is not implemented for the moment
within the PANDARoot framework.
Since i created the tof wall geometry,
I can produce a preliminar geometry
according to the forward spectrometer design.

best regards
Alicia.
Re: RICH and TOF geometry in simulation [message #15772 is a reply to message #15771] Fri, 10 January 2014 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Dear Alicia,
Thank you once again for your reply! As I've explained you already, I'm interesting in materials before the LMD, so preliminary geometry for side TOF could be useful for me too.

Cheers,
Anastasia.
Re: RICH and TOF geometry in simulation [message #15773 is a reply to message #15772] Fri, 10 January 2014 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

About the RICH, this should be only a problem of visualization level, I believe. Could do you try with different levels?
Re: RICH and TOF geometry in simulation [message #15774 is a reply to message #15773] Sat, 11 January 2014 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Hi Stefano,
You are right! With lower visualisation level it looks more like a detector and some transparent part in betweem became visible!

But MVD became invisible with such level.
Does it mean there is no visualisation level at which one can see all sub-systems together on event display?

Re: RICH and TOF geometry in simulation [message #15775 is a reply to message #15774] Mon, 13 January 2014 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

As far as I know, there is no way.
Maybe some eventdisplay expert knows how to change the visualization level of each detector separately, but not me.
Re: RICH and TOF geometry in simulation [message #15901 is a reply to message #15775] Tue, 25 February 2014 03:40 Go to previous message
Shyam Kumar is currently offline  Shyam Kumar
continuous participant
Hi,
I have faced the similar problem in the case of start detector to visualizing the geometry in event diaplay. I have changed the vislevel from 3 to 4 in event manager window. This option you will get when you click sin sequence( Scene=>Geometry scene=> Cave volume). I am attaching the images in my case I have changed the vislevel. However geometry vsiulisation in detail I have done for sensors and support by using Geomanager.
  • Attachment: start1.png
    (Size: 78.91KB, Downloaded 280 times)
  • Attachment: start2.png
    (Size: 84.17KB, Downloaded 262 times)
Previous Topic: Target size in pandaroot
Next Topic: Wiki migration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:24:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00940 seconds