GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » [FIXED] PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask compilation issue
[FIXED] PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask compilation issue [message #15574] Mon, 14 October 2013 17:44 Go to next message
Stefan Pflueger is currently offline  Stefan Pflueger
continuous participant
Hi,

I've just updated the pandaroot trunk and it didn't compile on my machine. I got errors when compiling PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask.cxx:

Quote:
/home/steve/pandaroot/PndTools/SttCellTrackFinder/PndSttCellTrackFinderA nalysisTask.cxx: In member function 'void PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask::DrawFirstRiemannPlots(int)':
/home/steve/pandaroot/PndTools/SttCellTrackFinder/PndSttCellTrackFinderA nalysisTask.cxx:558:8: error: 'Itoa' is not a member of 'TString'
/home/steve/pandaroot/PndTools/SttCellTrackFinder/PndSttCellTrackFinderA nalysisTask.cxx:625:35: error: 'Itoa' is not a member of 'TString'
/home/steve/pandaroot/PndTools/SttCellTrackFinder/PndSttCellTrackFinderA nalysisTask.cxx: In member function 'void PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask::DrawCombiRiemannPlots(int)':
/home/steve/pandaroot/PndTools/SttCellTrackFinder/PndSttCellTrackFinderA nalysisTask.cxx:638:8: error: 'Itoa' is not a member of 'TString'
/home/steve/pandaroot/PndTools/SttCellTrackFinder/PndSttCellTrackFinderA nalysisTask.cxx:704:38: error: 'Itoa' is not a member of 'TString'

The problem is that I'm using older external packages (and root 5.32) which does not have this Itoa function yet. Could this be rewritten to use string streaming operators instead of TString::Itoa?

Best regards,

Stefan

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2014 14:51] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask compilation issue [message #15576 is a reply to message #15574] Tue, 15 October 2013 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear Stefan,

wouldn't it be better to upgrade to the newest external packages?
If I remember correctly there were also some other problems with the old externals.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask compilation issue [message #15577 is a reply to message #15576] Tue, 15 October 2013 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Dear Tobias,

sure that's an option. I always thought that pandaroot should stay compatible with a large variety of systems, and I virtually extended that compatibility to different external packages Smile. I'll just update to the new external packages then. Thx for the reply.

Best regards,

Stefan
Re: PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask compilation issue [message #15651 is a reply to message #15577] Sun, 03 November 2013 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Does it work with the new externals?
Re: PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask compilation issue [message #15654 is a reply to message #15651] Mon, 04 November 2013 09:56 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Ohh, sorry for not closing up the post. Yes it does work fine with the new external packages. Although the installation of the external packages did not work out of the box as described here.

https://forum.gsi.de/index.php?t=tree&th=4034&start=0&rid=17 90&S=c3841d2d8885d7b7b277b7929a36967d
Previous Topic: Tracking discussion
Next Topic: Test of muon momentum resolution with Jan14 release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:36:10 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00933 seconds