GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] Question in MC simulation
[FIXED] Question in MC simulation [message #15236] Mon, 19 August 2013 14:38 Go to next message
Jifeng Hu is currently offline  Jifeng Hu
continuous participant
see also $VMCWORKDIR/macro/run/sim_complete.C

in this script, we create all sub-detectors, then produce events.
If we swap the order of creating sub-detectors, the result will be different. In original script, PndEmc was created after PndStt,
now when move this creation forward, and put it after PndCave, the result is different. Attention, only this swap I saw the difference, however, I didn't try all possible cases.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 February 2014 16:10] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Question in MC simulation [message #15240 is a reply to message #15236] Mon, 19 August 2013 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens Sören Lange is currently offline  Jens Sören Lange
first-grade participant
Hi Jifeng, are you maybe using a different seed when running the macro again, so that it could actually be normal that the results are different?

PndEvtGenDirect *EvtGen = new PndEvtGenDirect(..., gRandom->GetSeed(),...);

Re: Question in MC simulation [message #15241 is a reply to message #15240] Mon, 19 August 2013 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
The random seed 11508 was changed to 13508.
difference still happens.
In detail, for PndEmc detector, the difference is:

Negative element index in EMC, name=SuperconductingSolenoidov831
(mod=-1, row=-1, copyno=-1, cyrstal=-1

this message was triggered in PndEmc.cxx.
enclosed in brackets are traced by me.

because I focus on emc study, so I pay more attention to emc results, for other detectors, I am not sure any difference will be produced. just for reminding of you all.
Re: Question in MC simulation [message #15242 is a reply to message #15241] Mon, 19 August 2013 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Are you using the official code or some private version? because I never saw such message.
Re: Question in MC simulation [message #15243 is a reply to message #15242] Mon, 19 August 2013 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
PandaRoot revision 21011.

I will verify again, download and keeping everything unchanged. later, i make a reply.
Re: Question in MC simulation [message #15301 is a reply to message #15242] Thu, 22 August 2013 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
official version.
I thought this is a bug in PndEmc, this class is to produce PndEmcPoint. In next step, PndEmcHitProducer read in PndEmcPoint and write out PndEmcHit, if we check PndEmcPoint->GetTrackID(), we can find the negative MC track ID (-2). I think it is a bug.
Re: Question in MC simulation [message #15303 is a reply to message #15301] Thu, 22 August 2013 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

I tried with 10 events from macro/run (switching on emcpoint persistence) and I can see such -2 points.

I believe there is some problem of memory leak somewhere, or maybe shadowed variables. I admit with such complicated PndEmc class I am not able to find the solution, it was changed so much since it was originally written. Maybe the obsolete code should be removed.
Re: Question in MC simulation [message #15306 is a reply to message #15303] Thu, 22 August 2013 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
I spent this morning to find out this bug, but failed.
What now I can state is, there is no abnormal track id wrongly assigned in producing PndEmcPoint, but at the end of one MC event, we can see such abnormal points, that means the PndEmcPoint collection was changed in other place. I hope a good news another day.
Re: Question in MC simulation [message #15396 is a reply to message #15306] Sat, 31 August 2013 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi, it seems it is a problem of the filtering inside fair base classes.
before the package is debugged, you can set the minumum number of points from 1 to 0 in gconfig/g3Config.C

st->SetMinPoints(1); => st->SetMinPoints(0);

This should solve the problem for the moment, increasing the size of your sim file. I will let you know when to update to have the debugged filtering.
Re: Question in MC simulation [message #15864 is a reply to message #15396] Wed, 12 February 2014 16:10 Go to previous message
first-grade participant

Hi,
I have fixed this problem. Simply the PndStack was not properly filled by SciTil and EMC.
Previous Topic: [FIXED] trackID -2
Next Topic: [FIXED] Regarding problem in opening the forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:55:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00899 seconds