GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » keeping track of a particle as it goes through a detector
keeping track of a particle as it goes through a detector [message #14665] Thu, 25 April 2013 02:29 Go to next message
Raphael Cervantes is currently offline  Raphael Cervantes
continuous participant
Hey guys,
Say I have a scattered electron from some generated Monte-Carlo events. I simulate these generated events in a detector I built using FairRoot. I would like to keep track of this particular scattered electron as it goes through the detector. Running a script similar to run_rutherford.C gives me a root tree of the detector points and mctracks. What cuts can I make with either the detector points or mctracks to help me look at only the initial scattered electron?

I hope my question makes sense. Let me know what I can clarify.
Re: keeping track of a particle as it goes through a detector [message #14666 is a reply to message #14665] Thu, 25 April 2013 08:30 Go to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hey,

If I understand you well, you generated the electrons out side FairRoot, and then you transport them with FairRoot through your detector. i.e your electrons are considered as primary particles, so you can cut on the Mother ID of your points (it should be -1 for primaries). From your MCPoint you can get the TrackId of the track which generate this point (FairMCPoint::GetTrackID())and then the Stack you get the MCTrack and then the mother ID of the track.

for example:

motherID = (((FairMCTrack*)fMCTrackArray->At(FairMCPoint->GetTrackID()))->GetMotherId());

In the event display you can select display primary only to see these particles.

Mohammad
Previous Topic: Usage of FairLink
Next Topic: Fairroot compiler errors: when building current pandaroot revision (19615)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:09:07 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00917 seconds