GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » simulation macro finished abnormally
simulation macro finished abnormally [message #13515] Thu, 24 May 2012 09:48 Go to next message
Albrecht Gillitzer is currently offline  Albrecht Gillitzer
continuous participant
Hi,

I got another type of crash (different from the geometry problem at z = -150) at the very last event of 2000 simulated pbar d -> p phi pi- with the message given in the attached file.

Does anybody have an idea what might be the reason this time?

Albrecht
Re: simulation macro finished abnormally [message #13516 is a reply to message #13515] Thu, 24 May 2012 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi,

this is a problem when the TGeoManager cleans up before ROOT is terminating.
This type of error I haven't seen before. Dos this happen in any simulation or only
once?

Ciao

Florian
Re: simulation macro finished abnormally [message #13519 is a reply to message #13516] Thu, 24 May 2012 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Florian,

This is the first time I have seen this so far.
So far I have run with this random seed number only once. Does it make sense to try to reproduce the error by repeating the run with the same conditions?

Cheers,
Albrecht

Re: simulation macro finished abnormally [message #13520 is a reply to message #13519] Thu, 24 May 2012 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

I have already seen such problem when running many events, it does not happen with "few" events. However at the end the file should be fine and can be used for analysis, simply it is crashing when closing root for some geometry problems, but data should not be corrupted.
Could you please check it?
Re: simulation macro finished abnormally [message #13526 is a reply to message #13520] Fri, 25 May 2012 13:58 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Hi Stefano,

I checked it. As you say, the root file is OK. It can be further processed and analyzed at the end.

Albrecht
Previous Topic: Error at the Installtion of pandaroot trunk version [FIXED]
Next Topic: problem with Geant3 compiling in external packages installation [FIXED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:31:52 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00603 seconds