GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » config.sh and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH
config.sh and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH [message #13283] Mon, 02 April 2012 11:52 Go to next message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Dear frameworkers,

I think this issue was already discussed a while ago, so please excuse if I repeat myself.

In config.sh the standard environment variables PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are overwritten. This is very annoying and forces us to manually run re-init-scripts after executing config.sh.
Couldn't we finally change this to just appending the paths set in config.sh to the existing definitions?

Cheers

Felix
Re: config.sh and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH [message #13348 is a reply to message #13283] Tue, 17 April 2012 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi Felix,
we had this discussion several months ago, and we have decided to clean the PATH because it was giving a lot of problems in the case the user had some other version of root/geant already installed in his computer.
For this reason I would prefer to leave the congif.sh as it is. Mohammad should send you a patch so that you can have your full path but only for your machines, not for everybody.
Re: config.sh and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH [message #13860 is a reply to message #13283] Wed, 08 August 2012 13:26 Go to previous message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Felix,

I introduced a new option which can be added when running cmake. If this option is put to TRUE, the info of the environment variables PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are not deleted. The default value for the option is FALSE, so the standard behavior is not changed, but you can overwrite it and get the behavior you want.
To use it you have to run cmake with the following parameter

cmake <path> -DUSE_PATH_INFO=TRUE

Ciao

Florian
Previous Topic: Saving geometry inside FairBaseParSet
Next Topic: FairRunInfo_* is it possible to not create these files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:15:03 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01014 seconds