GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Stt bug in Rev. 880
Stt bug in Rev. 880 [message #4476] Wed, 13 June 2007 16:56 Go to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi all,

In the Rev. 880 there seems to be a bug in the stt module:

/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/abuild/../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttMatchTracks.cxx: In member function 'virtual void CbmSttMatchTracks::Exec(const Option_t*)':
/home/ralfk/Pandaroot/abuild/../pandaroot/stt/CbmSttMatchTracks.cxx:137: error: conversion from 'int' to non-scalar type 'std::_Rb_tree_iterator<std::pair<const int, int> >' requested
make[1]: *** [CbmSttMatchTracks.lo] Error 1

Maybe this is even an issue of different compilers or c++ libraries.

Best wishes, Ralf.
Re: Stt bug in Rev. 880 [message #4481 is a reply to message #4476] Thu, 14 June 2007 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Ralf,
as a first solution you could try simply:
map<Int_t, Int_t>::iterator it = (std::_Rb_tree_iterator<std::pair<const int, int> >) 0;
This should work.

I think it' s really an issue of different compilers, because I don' t see this error while compiling. I will investigate this and fix it on the svn repository.

Best regards,
Lia.

Re: Stt bug in Rev. 880 [message #4483 is a reply to message #4481] Thu, 14 June 2007 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

This did not compile enither here in Gießen,
in each case your tip helped.
Re: Stt bug in Rev. 880 [message #4498 is a reply to message #4476] Thu, 14 June 2007 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

I have noticed that the stt subdirectory doesn't contain a CMakeLists.txt. In that way your new code will be only available by using the automake. (why do we stick with two possibilities anyway?) Maybe you should provide an cmake file. As far as I know the automake will be abandoned at some time.

Ciao, Ralf.
Re: Stt bug in Rev. 880 [message #4500 is a reply to message #4476] Fri, 15 June 2007 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Ralf,
you' re right, I did not think about that (sorry!).

Anyway, I just added the CMakeList.txt file on the svn, but I have a question: I guess I have to add the stt directory also to the general CMakeList.txt, is this correct (I don' t know cmake, so it' s better if I ask first)? If yes, can I modify this file or do I not have the right permissions?
Ciao,
Lia.
Re: Stt bug in Rev. 880 [message #4502 is a reply to message #4500] Fri, 15 June 2007 12:24 Go to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hallo,
I uploaded on the svn a new version of CbmSttMatchTracks.cxx where I moved
map<Int_t, Int_t>::iterator it;
right before the loop where it is used and I cancelled the "= 0" initialization.
I made some tests and it seems to work.
This should fix the bug in the stt code compiling.

Bye,
Lia.
Previous Topic: Error in TPC rev. 889
Next Topic: empty subdirectory in pgenerators package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 19:21:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00664 seconds