GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » New Solenoid and MVD
New Solenoid and MVD [message #6214] Thu, 03 April 2008 15:35 Go to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear pandaRooters,

I have added two new geometry files, one for the solenoid (without the Muon chambers) and one for the MVD.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6221 is a reply to message #6214] Thu, 03 April 2008 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi Tobias,
I have tried to use your Solenoid.root file as input for the magnet geometry, and I get the following error:

Processing run_sim.C...
- RTDB container factory PndSttContFact
- RTDB container factory PndMuoContFact
- RTDB container factory PndDrcContFact
- RTDB container factory PndTofContFact
-I- CbmRun::SetMaterials() Media file used: /home/spataro/dev/pandaroot/geometry/media_pnd.geo

============== CbmRunSim: Initialising simulation run ==============
Info in <TGeoManager::TGeoManager>: Geometry CBMGeom, CBM geometry created
-I- CbmGeoMedia Read media
CbmRunSim::Init() create visualisation manager
-I- PndFieldMap: Reading field map from ROOT file /home/spataro/dev/pandaroot/input/TransMap.root
-I- PndFieldMap: Reading field map from ROOT file /home/spataro/dev/pandaroot/input/DipoleMap.root
-I- PndFieldMap: Reading field map from ROOT file /home/spataro/dev/pandaroot/input/SolenoidMap.root
Loading Geant3 libraries ...
Loading Geant3 libraries ... finished

MZSTOR. ZEBRA table base TAB(0) in /MZCC/ at adr 747956495 2C94E90F HEX

MZSTOR. Initialize Store 0 in /GCBANK/
with Store/Table at absolute adrs 748065341 747956495
HEX 2C96923D 2C94E90F
HEX 1A77A 0
relative adrs 108410 0
with 1 Str. in 2 Links in 5300 Low words in 4999970 words.
This store has a fence of 16 words.

MZLOGL. Set Log Level 0 for store 0
1***** GEANT Version 3.21/11 Released on 100298
0***** Correction Cradle Version 0.1100

MZDIV. Initialize Division Constant in Store 0
NW/NWMAX= 20004000000, MODE/KIND= 1 2
Division 20 initialized.

MZLINK. Initialize Link Area /GCLINK/ for Store 0 NL/NS= 20 20

MZLINK. Initialize Link Area /GCSLNK/ for Store 0 NL/NS= 100 100
-I- G3Config: Geant3 with TGeo has been created.
Physics cuts with script
/home/spataro/dev/pandaroot/gconfig/SetCuts.C
SetCuts Macro: Setting Processes..
SetCuts Macro: Setting cuts..
Info in <TGeoManager::SetTopVolume>: Top volume is cave. Master volume is cave
Info in <TGeoManager::CloseGeometry>: Geometry loaded from file...
Info in <TGeoManager::SetTopVolume>: Top volume is TOP. Master volume is TOP
Info in <TGeoManager::CloseGeometry>: Voxelization retrieved from file
Info in <TGeoNavigator::BuildCache>: --- Maximum geometry depth set to 100
Info in <TGeoManager::CloseGeometry>: 85 nodes/ 59 volume UID's in CAD to Root
Info in <TGeoManager::CloseGeometry>: ----------------modeler ready----------------

-W- WARNING in CbmModule::ExpandNode()! The volume Coilo1 Has no medium information.

Or better, it is a warning but after the program exits.
Maybe there are some problems with the media?

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2008 18:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6226 is a reply to message #6221] Fri, 04 April 2008 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano,

it is nice to see that somebody uses the things one does Smile.

I have updated the geometry in SVN and fixed the problem with the solenoid coils.

Ciao,

Tobias
Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6227 is a reply to message #6226] Fri, 04 April 2008 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Thanks a lot,
but now I have the following:

---
Material aluminium is not defined
Create Medium aluminium
-W- WARNING in CbmModule::ExpandNode()! The volume BarrelYoke710 Has no
medium information.

(maybe we can talk via skype or evo, so that we can crosscheck all the small fixes).
Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6301 is a reply to message #6214] Tue, 08 April 2008 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
I have seen that if I run the MVD macro macro/mvd/runMvdSim.C (I have tried only 100 events) with the old geometry MVD14.root everything runs fine.

If I substitute the geometry namefile with the new one MVD_1.0_Pv-1.0_Sv-1.0.root, under Geant3 the macro runs fine as well.
But, when I try to quit ROOT with the .q command I have the following error (backtraced with gdb):

Toggle Spoiler

If I run it under Geant4, I have the following error just at the beginning, in the initialization of the geometry:

Toggle Spoiler

So maybe something is wrong somewhere.

Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6309 is a reply to message #6301] Wed, 09 April 2008 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano and Ralf,

I have updated the geometry of the MVD in the latest revision. The new root file does not contain a GeoManager as it is in the old root file. Maybe this is the reason for the strange behaviour of Geant4?

Ciao,

Tobias
Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6311 is a reply to message #6309] Wed, 09 April 2008 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi Tobias,
unfortunately now I have errors even with Geant3 in the event loop, after the first event:

Toggle Spoiler

In Geant4 the geometry initialization works, but I have the same G3 error inside the event loop after the first event:

Toggle Spoiler

So there is still something wrong.
Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6320 is a reply to message #6214] Wed, 09 April 2008 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi Tobias and Stefano,

I cut out the volumes by hand from the file with the TGeoManager inside and I get the same errors as Stefano.
Somehow this doesn't work like this.
I noticed that there are many TDirectories in the file with the GeoManager, like two directories with materials and one even with transformations. Could this lead to confusions? Maybe to overlaps?

Ralf.
icon6.gif  Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6347 is a reply to message #6214] Thu, 10 April 2008 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Dear pandaRooters,

I have fixed the geometry file for the MVD. It runs now (at my system) with the standard MVD simulation macro. The name of the Geometry is MVD_v1.0.root.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6349 is a reply to message #6347] Thu, 10 April 2008 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi Tobias,
thanks for the fix. Now it can be downloaded with both G3 and G4, without crashes.

P.S. What was the problem?
Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6352 is a reply to message #6349] Thu, 10 April 2008 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
I have used a geometry which could not be translated. This should not create a problem but nonetheless it did. So I just deleted these structures out of the STEP file. I will now try to understand, why they caused this crash.

Ciao,

Tobias
icon4.gif  Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6366 is a reply to message #6352] Fri, 11 April 2008 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
if you want to use the last MVD geometry for the data challenge, please write "yes" here as soon as possible.
Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6380 is a reply to message #6366] Fri, 11 April 2008 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Yes Smile
Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6382 is a reply to message #6214] Fri, 11 April 2008 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Please be careful about the digitization. It should work on the updated geometry, but one new feature are the trapezoid strip sensors in the forward disks.
Using the parameters as they are now it should work, but I have not checked it yet.

If you plan to only run the Geant simulation without digi&reco, then you'll get a definate "yes" fom me, too.

Ralf.

Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6383 is a reply to message #6382] Fri, 11 April 2008 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

We plan to run complete reco, so it is better to use for the moment the old stuff.
We do not have the time to recheck everything right now.
Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6384 is a reply to message #6382] Fri, 11 April 2008 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Ralf is right, for the digitization and reconstruction I have to modify the hardcoded pixel dimensions and chip sizes.

This will take till Monday because I am today not in the institute.
The program should not crash but the results for the digitization have to be fixed afterwards if this is not done.

Another fix which is necessary is to set the right name for the sensitive volumes in PndMvdDetector. There one has to add "StripActive" and "PixelActive" to the list of sensitive volumes in the constructor. Ralf, can you fix this?

Cheers and a nice weekend

Tobias

Re: New Solenoid and MVD [message #6386 is a reply to message #6214] Fri, 11 April 2008 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Sensor names fixed.

Ralf.
New Solenoid in svn [message #6666 is a reply to message #6214] Mon, 05 May 2008 11:50 Go to previous message
first-grade participant

Dear all,
after some debugging done by Tobias (I was his "Guinea pig"...), now the geometry of the solenoid is working, the file is FullSolenoid.root.

Considering that this is just the solenoid part, I have added inside the geometry directory a file dipole.geo with only the dipole part.

In order to use these files you have to substitute your "magnet" part in your simulation macro with the following code lines:

CbmModule *Magnet= new PndMagnet("MAGNET");
Magnet->SetGeometryFileName("FullSolenoid.root");
fRun->AddModule(Magnet);

CbmModule *Dipole= new PndMagnet("MAGNET");
Dipole->SetGeometryFileName("dipole.geo");
fRun->AddModule(Dipole);

And this will be the result, with all the detectors:

As you can see there is an overlap between the old target pipe and the new solenoid, in order to solve this we need drawings of the new pipe, but at the moment this is not of fundamental importance.

Thanks to Tobias for the time he spent into this geometry conversion.

Previous Topic: geane propagate((CbmTrackParH *TStart, CbmTrackParP *TEnd, Int_t PDG)
Next Topic: Eclipse IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 18:15:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01206 seconds