GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » PandaRoot in a new forum!
PandaRoot in a new forum! [message #4212] Fri, 11 May 2007 23:36 Go to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear all,

We have started a new discussion and news forum dedicated for PandaRoot-related topics by making use of the FUDforum system at GSI. This forum should replace the PandaRoot discussions on the HyperNews system. It can be accessed via the following link:

http://forum.gsi.de

(followed by --> Panda -> PandaRoot)

The advantages with respect to the HyperNews forum is that - within the new forum - messages can be searched through and files can be attached to the topics. This has motivated us to discuss a switch in forum during the last PandaRoot computing workshop, which was accepted by all participants.

I ask those who are using/developing PandaRoot or those who like to be kept informed, to start using the new PandaRoot forum site immediately. Registration can be done online.

Kind wishes,

Johan Messchendorp.

Johan Messchendorp
University of Groningen/KVI
Zernikelaan 25
NL-9747 AA Groningen
The Netherlands
tel. +31-503633558
fax +31-503634003

[Updated on: Sun, 17 January 2010 16:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PandaRoot in a new forum! [message #4213 is a reply to message #4212] Sat, 12 May 2007 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Neubert is currently offline  Sebastian Neubert
first-grade participant

Hi!

How can I get the messages as email - like in the old hypernews system?

Sebastian.

Sebastian Neubert
Technische Universität München
Department Physik E18
sneubert@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
tel: +49-8928912592
Re: PandaRoot in a new forum! [message #4214 is a reply to message #4213] Sat, 12 May 2007 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Ok found how to subscribe (select forum e.g. Tracking and click on subscribe on the top left of the page)
Let's see if I get this as email

Sebastian Neubert
Department Physik E18
icon1.gif  Re: PandaRoot in a new forum! [message #4216 is a reply to message #4214] Sat, 12 May 2007 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi Sebastian,
there are two kind of subscription.

Per each main topic (i.e. General) you can subscribe, then you receive a mail when a new thread is opened inside.
Per each thread (i.e. this discussion) you can subscribe, and each time somebody will post you will receive a notification mail with the text.

In each case, if you go on the first line-> Control Panel, there you can amange your subscriptions.

Enjoy

Ste
Re: PandaRoot in a new forum! [message #4217 is a reply to message #4216] Sat, 12 May 2007 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi Stefano!

Yes it works. Unfortunately in the control panel you can only UNsubscribe. anyway.
Am I right, that I cannot reply to the notification by sending email (that was the cool feature of HN)!?

Cheers! Sebastian.

Sebastian Neubert
Department Physik E18
Re: PandaRoot in a new forum! [message #4218 is a reply to message #4217] Sat, 12 May 2007 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
nope, everything uses html. You can click on the "reply" button on your notification mail, or even subscribe there, but you cannot reply by mail. They use this method in order to not have spam problems.
icon4.gif  Re: PandaRoot in a new forum! [message #4228 is a reply to message #4217] Sun, 13 May 2007 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens Sören Lange is currently offline  Jens Sören Lange
first-grade participant
Hi,

there seems to be a way to post emails to the forum,
but it requires a bit more work. What is needed is a separate mailing list (e.g. majordomo or maybe simply a dummy address).

see

http://fudforum.org/doc/d/html/admin.mailing_list.manager.html

also from http://freshmeat.net/projects/fudforum/

---

[»] Integrates with mailing list
by Hari Nair - May 19th 2004 21:53:39

FUDforum can be used in conjunction with a mailing list, so subscribers can get every message posted to the forum by email as well as post new messages by email.

None of the other forum software I looked at had this capability, which was important to me.

[...]

---

so, even if we are the first ones who need this a GSI,
I think it is worth trying...

Let's try to find out how we do that technically.

cheers, Soeren
Number of attachments [message #4254 is a reply to message #4212] Wed, 16 May 2007 12:28 Go to previous message
first-grade participant

Could be possible to increase the number of attachments in the post from one to at least 10?

At the moment we have, as setting:

Maximum File Size: 20480Kb
Maximum Files Per Message: 1

I have to put three pictures in one post, but at the moment I cannot... Crying or Very Sad
Next Topic: PandaROOT Wiki update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 06:15:46 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00640 seconds