GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Geometry of STT
Geometry of STT [message #11035] Tue, 28 September 2010 16:10 Go to next message
donghee is currently offline  donghee
first-grade participant
Dear STT members,

I am wondering that the geometry of STT with name of "straws_withpassive_150cm.geo" can be used without any trouble in LHE tracking. Are you implemented the digitization and reconstruction for this geometry in the simulation?

I would prefer to use slightly long size of STT in my simulation.
Therefore the 150cm length of STT, which is same size with TPC, is better to use in my case.

Could you recommend what I have to use?

Cheers,
Donghee
Re: Geometry of STT [message #11036 is a reply to message #11035] Tue, 28 September 2010 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
I think you can use straws_skewed_blocks_35cm_pipe.geo, which should be long but without passive elements. If I remember well, the passive geometry is currently under tests.
Re: Geometry of STT [message #11037 is a reply to message #11036] Tue, 28 September 2010 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi,
I confirm what Stefano said: the geometry for 150 long tubes is straws_skewed_blocks_35cm_pipe.geo.

The geometry with passive currently is not finished and it is not working with the tube map, so it gives a crash in when you try digitization.

Cheers,
Lia.
Re: Geometry of STT [message #11038 is a reply to message #11037] Tue, 28 September 2010 16:33 Go to previous message
donghee is currently offline  donghee
first-grade participant
Dear Stefano and Lia,

Thank you!
That's what I want to have! It looks beautiful (enough length!)

Cheers,
Donghee

Previous Topic: [ERRATA] STT plots from last collaboration meeeting
Next Topic: Charge in FairTrackPar and GeaneTrackRep
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 00:17:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00564 seconds