GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » analysis for TOF studies, fullsim crashes
analysis for TOF studies, fullsim crashes [message #9183] Tue, 11 August 2009 16:44 Go to previous message
Bernhard Roth is currently offline  Bernhard Roth
occasional visitor
Hi,

I am doing TOF studies and also want to compare the results of my analysis between our BaBar-like software and PANDAroot. Therefore I'm analyzing the reaction
pbar p -> Phi Phi Pi0; Phi -> K+ K-;
all PHSP and at 2GeV beam momentum.
As background I'm considering Pi+ Pi- K+ K- Pi0
All with full simulation.
In PANDAroot I want to use the scripts from the PandaRootTutTorino09 which is tutorials/analysis/go_stt_evtgen.sh.
And I'm using the latest stable version from 10.8.2009, running on a GSI 32bit machine.
As first step I had to change run_reco_sttcombi.C:
Toggle Spoiler

Then it crashes whether I run over 10 events or more at different points.
On more events it crashes in run_kalman_stt.C with the following error messages in 4-kalman.log:

Toggle Spoiler

In case of running only over 10 events it finishes run_kalman_stt.C successfully, but crashes in the next step, in makeTCands_stt.C. The error message in 5-microwriter.log is here:

Toggle Spoiler

Did I use the correct macro with correct input?
Can some expert help me in this context?

Cheers,
Bernhard

P.S.
To compare the results between PANDAroot and the BaBar-like software it would be great to have the same data-sets available.
For signal (ppbarsystem -> Phi Phi Pi0, see above) I have now 100k events and for background Pi+ Pi- K+ K- Pi0 10M events for the BaBar-like software available. Is there an opportunity to order such an amount of data for doing analysis with PANDAroot? (all fullsim)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: PID package
Next Topic: workaround for PndMicroWriter.cxx
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:43:03 CET 2024