GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » DataFlow
icon7.gif  DataFlow [message #5211] Mon, 15 October 2007 10:47 Go to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear PandaRooters,

as discussed on our last EVO meeting I have created a (preliminary) data flow diagram for the MVD. Please have a look and decide if this could be the basis for a general data flow model within PandaRoot.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: DataFlow [message #5212 is a reply to message #5211] Mon, 15 October 2007 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pablo Genova is currently offline  Pablo Genova
continuous participant
Hi Tobias,

sorry for the stupid question, but what exaclty is the difference between the box and the cylinder in the diagram?

If I understand, the diamond (rhombus) means question, conditional statement, while in the old flow charts there was the parallelogram for input output, rectangles for processing steps, but maybe there are many conventions which I do not know.
This just to produce a consistent diagram for the STT part.

thanks in advance, Pablo
Re: DataFlow [message #5213 is a reply to message #5212] Mon, 15 October 2007 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Hi Pablo,

I am not sure what the general conventions for a flow chart are. I just used the symbols from Ralf.

The meaning of the box is a process which creates data (like MvdDetector). The cylinder is the data created and stored in a root file. So in general you have a box which gets you from one cylinder to the next one.

So you could see in the diagram what data is created at which stage and what different ways you have to create the data.

I hope this helps a bit.

Ciao,

Tobias

P.S.: I used Visio to create the diagram and I have written a small macro which loads the header files into the boxes. Unfortunately this is a Windows program. There is a program called DIA on Linux where you can create similar diagrams but without the comfort of automatic header reading.
Re: DataFlow [message #5214 is a reply to message #5213] Mon, 15 October 2007 12:53 Go to previous message
Pablo Genova is currently offline  Pablo Genova
continuous participant
OK thank you, your comments clarify my doubts.
Maybe, for the STT, I'll first just use WinWord with boxes, cylinders and diamonds and the class names.

ciao, Pablo
Previous Topic: proceedings about PandaRoot
Next Topic: gGeoManager existing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:22:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00944 seconds